Forum home Babies Baby

Baby formula

Hi Girls!

Our first baby is due in April and I am planning on Breast Feeding.
I have however been advsied to get a few cartons of ready made formula to keep in the house in cause of emergancies etc!!

Can anyone recommend which brand is best?

Thks

Replies

• yes Aptamil is the one they recommend
  • Personally I don't think there is a 'best'. Many babies will take any brand & there are definate regional preferences so it may be worth buying whatever your local shop stocks. The only thing to check is that you get a 1st stage milk suitable from birth.
  • I agree with Camlo. I got in some SMA Gold im case bfing didnt work out. When i gave up bfing my baby did not agree with SMA at all and I had to switch to Cow & Gate Comfort which you cant buy ready made.
  • Personally I don't think there is a 'best'. Many babies will take any brand & there are definate regional preferences so it may be worth buying whatever your local shop stocks. The only thing to check is that you get a 1st stage milk suitable from birth.
    I agree. No formula is 'closest to breast milk' imo, whatever HVs or hospital staff say (they may well be being paid by companies to say this!) Although, personally from experiences I've heard about on BE, I'd avoid SMA.

I use Cow & Gate for Gabe and he's thrived on it. He's now transitioning to cows milk though, so not for much longer!
  • This is a good question, although i bfed my lo was in SCBU and had to have formula first and i had no idea which one.

I went with C&G as i was aware of their ethical policy in the developing world, must say tho i agree with Tiger Lilly and Camlo esp see what your local shop stocks.

xxDBxx