Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Hypnobirthing?

Hi Ladies

I am 17 +1 and thinking about starting Hypnobirthing classes. I have heard brilliant reviews but no negative reviews so far........does anyone have any opinions on Hypnobirthing?

Many thanks

Mrskittyboo xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/Jexv0/.png

Replies

• I've done the course but not yet given birth so can't give you a full review yet! But I really enjoyed the course and feel very calm and relaxed about the birth and more in control about what's going to happen.

I'm 31+5 so when the time comes I'll let you know how it went!
  • I've done the course but not yet given birth so can't give you a full review yet! But I really enjoyed the course and feel very calm and relaxed about the birth and more in control about what's going to happen.

I'm 31+5 so when the time comes I'll let you know how it went!
  • ooww Moomin - Good Luck! xx
  • Hi, I bought the set of CD's off eBay as I couldn't afford the classes & I would have had to travel too far to do them.

I really recommend Hypnobirthing & wished I'd done it for my first bb...1st birth was hell as I decided to go with the flow & hadn't prepared any pain relief apart from what I could get at hospital...2nd bb I listened to my hypnobirthing CD's & used a TENS machine I hired - I was totally in 'the zone' this time & have now passed the CD's onto my sister.

Now, I did laugh when I first listened to the CD's but when I calmed down & relaxed & listened to them they do help you to chill out & in labour they gave me something to concentrate on...I hate whale/dolphin music, like the type they have going at beauticians, but in labour it was really soothing, so much so that I had my bb 20 mins after arriving at hospital as I hadn't realised how far along I was! oops!

Even after birth the hypno stuff is helpful at calming you, I did the breathing exercise/mantra when I was driving on the motorway the other week as I was getting really tense as I hadn't driven on the motorway for a while!

Good Luck!
    http://bf.lilypie.com/qYRe0/.png

http://b2.lilypie.com/RRvn0/.png

• Hi Frags_Jones - thanks -

Can you tell me.....was it a 'pain free' labour? Alot of women's birth stories (those that have done the Hypnobirthing) say they had a pain free labour but I just cant believe this! lol xx
  • I have my own hypnobirthing CD (which I dont listen to as much as I should be doin) but already (probably through the help of my doula too) have so much confidence in my own body's ability!

I havent had my baby yet but upto now - if I get the natural birth I want...I feel great about it and have a real "I can do this" attitude.
    *fingers crossed* that my placenta has moved out of the way and I can really try out hypnobirthing.
  • Frags_jones can i ask you where you got the Cd's from? I've got the one that comes with the book, but i can't find the Rainbow relaxations one anywhere. I haven't started listening to the Cd's yet, but have read the book and can't wait to start preparing...which i should probably start soon! :S