Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Clearblue Conception Indicator Tests

I know a lot of people have used these but I am honestly completely baffled by them.

I started taking tests just over a week ago (ebay cheapies) and the lines were faint but they have been getting progressively darker....

I took one of these new clearblue tests on saturday & pregnant 1-2 flashed up within a few minutes. That confirmed it for me but that would mean I was only 3-4 weeks pregnant....I took the other test in the pack yesterday and it still said pregnant 1-2 ....so still dating me at 3-4 weeks....

Now this is why I'm worried...My last period was Feb 11th and my cycle is 23/25 days....meaning I should be 5 weeks tomorrow.....should I be worried?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help advise me xxx

[Modified by: *SazzyJay* on 17 March 2009 09:40:07 ]

Replies

• Dont worry about it I think it just measures the amount of HCG in your wee to estimate how far gone you are. If you know when your last period was then you know better than the stick lol xxxx
  • Dont worry about it I think it just measures the amount of HCG in your wee to estimate how far gone you are. If you know when your last period was then you know better than the stick lol xxxx

Lol, yeah but I was panicking in case there was a problem. Thank you for replying image xxx
  • Mine told me i was 1-2 and went to the doctors said im definatley 4-5 based on last period. I still have my second on so I might take it later in the week to see if it changes - im paranoid now lol!!!
  • Apparently midwives hate these tests because they are no very accurate - as dancemagicdance says they measure the hgc levels which differ for everyone! I would definately go by your own dates,
  • Congratulations SazzyJay! Good to see you back! How old is your first lo now? xx
  • Hi Liz, she's 17 months now bless her!!!

Thanks Lottie, I've been putting off ringing the doctors to book in incase theres a problem!

xx
  • I did one of these when I was 5 weeks and it came up as 2-3 which would have been accurate BUT I'm having twins so it should have been higher as my hcg levels were doubled! I don't think they are particularly accurate!

K 20w today xx
  • I did one of these when I was 5 weeks and it came up as 2-3 which would have been accurate BUT I'm having twins so it should have been higher as my hcg levels were doubled! I don't think they are particularly accurate!

K 20w today xx

Hmmmmm! I'll probably do another one today and drop a sample off at the doctors...since they need proof before I'm allowed to see a Midwife....the horrible receptionist made me feel like I was lying. What a lovely start to the day!!!!!!

xxx
  • Ah,I think to be a Dr receptionist you have to pass a special "being horrible to all patients under 60" test! Let us know how it goes. xx
  • Crikey 17 months! Time flies doesn't it! x