Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Argh I Hate My Work!!

Argh, I just need to let off some steam!!!

I told my boss pretty much straight away that I was pregnant, as I was having a few problems, and also with having appointments. I was told that they would not discuss my pregnancy as it was too early and to come back when I was 12 weeks.

So when I hit 12 weeks, I notified them in writing, like they asked, and asked my boss for a risk assessment. My main area of concern was that we have a tea rota where 3 times a day at set times, you have to make a drink. The kitchen is in the basement, and the staff are spread across the next 3 floors. We are in an old building and the stairs are very steep, so I have to use the handrail. Each floor also has 2 doors which are so close together that you have to wedge one open with your foot, balance the tea tray in one hand and push the second door with your other hand.

Anyway, he laughed in my face, said he had never heard of a risk assessment, but would look in to it, but cups of tea would not be covered. I also had a problem with some of the work I was doing( not even my work, I was just covering) and told my boss I couldn't do the extra work. He shouted at me and said I will do whatever he tells me to do. After an afternoon of crying, I went the doctors and he signed me off for a week.

So now I have been back 2 weeks, and my boss is doing the work that I couldn't, and I have been taken off the tea rota. They are trying to make me feel guilty about it, and the latest is that one fat cow from upstairs is making drinks for every one else, and taking delight in not offering me a drink. I don't drink tea or coffee anyway, never have, but once in a while I will have a hot water. (I will point out that when another girl was pregnant last test, she was taken off the tea rota at 4 weeks pg, and announced that she wouldn't be taking on any more work!)

So I am sitting here seething and sending evil looks through the ceiling at this evil old hag, any evil vibes you can send her way would be appreciated image

Phew, I feel sooo much better for that, anyone else work with idiots?

Replies

• I sent her evil thoughts!

What a shame they are being so horrible to you. Of course that counts as needing a risk assessment because it's not the making tea that's a problem, it's the stupid layout of your workplace. I hope you feel better having let off some steam, it always helps
  • Soundsd horrible honey, some people can be so nasty, just ignore them and think of all that lovely time you will have with your baby xx
  • omg!!! id go mad. do u have a HR dept or are you with a union? they cant treat you like that. if they cant make work a safe stress free place they have to put you on full paid leave. personally id go back to the drs and tell them how stressed they are making you, get signed off for as long as you can. work cant say anything about how much time you have off sick.

hope it all gets better
    clare 31+6
  • omg!!! id go mad. do u have a HR dept or are you with a union? they cant treat you like that. if they cant make work a safe stress free place they have to put you on full paid leave. personally id go back to the drs and tell them how stressed they are making you, get signed off for as long as you can. work cant say anything about how much time you have off sick.

hope it all gets better
    clare 31+6
  • Thanks ladies, I feel so much better today! I just pity the nasty cow (who is still ignoring me!)

I am sure their day will come, karma will come and bite them on their bums!
  • Some people are so ignorant - i totally believe in Karma - they will get whats coming to them!!

They are so silly bcos employers have to be soooo careful not to discriminate against pg women......you should warn them next time of this!
  • i have warned the hr woman that I have been keeping a diary of thn nasty things that my boss hass said eg that pregnant women shouldn't be allowed to accrue holidays! And that I should be careful about being off sick as one of my colleagues was sacked for absenteeism, I was signed off with work related stress due to bring pregnant!

Idiots
  • Thats disgusting treatment, unacceptable. Good for you keeping a diary, not every little thing. Your boss is bullying you and he could be in big trouble if you took him to a tribunal! If you have any queries on anything work related the ACAS website is great, you can also ring them to chat to someone if you can't find the info you need.

Switch off from their pettiness hun, soon you'll have your beautiful baby and they can all rot in hell.

p.s. sooooo sending them all evil thoughts!!! How dare they treat a pregnant lady this way. Feckers!!!
  • ...oh and I'm feeling slightly hormonal today. Shame I'm on a office on my own, I have no-one to moan at!! I'd be great if someone needed me to be scary for them though lol
  • I agree with Kittyboo - Karma!!
    My work dont like that I've been off so long and when I was in they had to differ my workload but tough s**t!! Stick to your guns and if the horrible woman keeps ignoring her then its her loss!!
    Lisa
    17+4