Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Booked our holiday :-)

Woo hoo, well thank you girls for all your idea's we looked through them all last night and fell in love with Griffon Forest and so we are booking to go for a week in May, which is only 7 weeks away and I cannot stop smiling image It sounds like just the place we need to be right now.

Thanks MrsN for giving me this idea.

http://www.griffonforest.co.uk/outabout.html#

Kxx
19+6

Replies

• Looks lovely, you will have a great time and looks very relaxing, do you have a hot tub on your terrace?

• it really does look amazing... im actually going to talk to hubby tonight and see if he fancies a weekend away

13+5 xx
  • Tht looks amazing oh i might have to suggest that to hubby for september time.

xcx
  • Yay K-Lou. Good for you, so glad you decided to go for it!!
    i know you'll have a fab time.
    Have you been to York before? Its a lovely old city and loads to see, that is if you feel like evnturing out of your lodge!!!
    Lisa
    17+5
  • Thank you girls,

Yes there will be a hot tub which i am not sure I can use and also a Jacuzzi bath as well in the room so I am going to ask my MW in three weeks if I can go in them as long as they are not too hurt, I can't see why it would be different for the warm baths I have you know?

MrsN- No i have never been to York before hubby loves history so is very excited about being there. I love the fact you have the TV in your room and they have camera's set up all over the forest and you can watch the animals walking about in the night, the ones you would not normally get to seeimage

I just think it would be perfect for us and I can't wait to be there with a nice log fire going and being with my hubbyimage i will be 7 months the week I go as well which is only 7 weeks away.

K xx
    19+6
  • I seen on your FB last night that you had booked something.

I never really got a chance to speak to my hubby about it, as he suprised me with a lovely meal in our favourite resturant for our 3rd year anniversary.

What one are you staying in, did you call them to book it or use there own website. Everytime I check availabilty it tells me to search again.

AnneMarie xx
    20+5
  • Oh are you thinking of going as well honeyimage

I emailed them and asked if there was anything free that week which she said there was we both booked time off and will book it this lunch time I am worried it will all be booked up soon.

It was between the gardeners Lodge or the Poachers Lodge and we picked the Poacher, because they are both the same price and you get a Jacuzzi bath in the Pachers one.

We will just load the car take lots of mags/books, some DVD's do a big shop when we get there and just relax image

K xx
    19+6
  • Yeah I would love to get away just me and hubby, get a little break in before we become a family of 4 - eek!!

I was emailing Lisa yesterday and it does sound so lovely. I dont think we would be able to go until June though. Not really sure how long it would take in the car from Glasgow, could be a little uncomfy being so far on, I would have less than 6 weeks to go.

I'm going to see if there is anywhere closer to home!

xx
  • I know I think it will take us about 4/5 hours though hubby thinks it will be shorter than that.

I looked at other places but again they are just as far so though ok lets go for it.

let me know if you find anywhere i can tell you how it is when I get back if you end up booking here image

K xx
    19+6
  • I know I think it will take us about 4/5 hours though hubby thinks it will be shorter than that.

I looked at other places but again they are just as far so though ok lets go for it.

let me know if you find anywhere i can tell you how it is when I get back if you end up booking here image

K xx
    19+6
  • We're just back from a weekend away at a farmhouse cottage in Scotland (which has a lovely hot tub) so I have a cheek to ask hubby if we can go away again. But that weekend was with his family so we never really had time to ourselves.

We are going away at the end of April to a Haven holiday park, we are taking our 2 neices with us so again it will be a crazy weekend.

He might come round to the idea, who knows he might even suggest a week in the sun.

xx
  • It would be good before baby comes along that is why we are doing it. I know we wont get a holiday for at least a year as we wont be able to afford it with me on Mat leave and I want us to have a break just the two of us.

Did you use the hot tub hun while you was on holiday?

K xx
    19+6