Forum home Babies Baby

Triangles! - finger food - less 'squishing'

Not totally random............

But when i was at my mum's last week she cut our toast in 1/2 triangles before thinking about what I usually do for louise. So I just cut 1 in half so she had a smaller triangle and she loved it! (I think she was also showing off to her nan and great nan though) She spent a while looking at it and working out how to eat it but once she found a corner she managed really well. Much less got 'squished' and much more got eaten. Will try it with sandwiches now too!

Lisa

I thought i'd change the title so that others who have lo's who squish thier food will see this!

[Modified by: Loopy Loo on 18 March 2009 13:36:18 ]

Replies

• I think I'll try that with Charlotte as she's now having a whole slide of toast at brekkie instead of half, so I've been cutting it into quarters. She doesn't seem to like the quarters though but didn't want to cut up fingers as I want her to eat more "grown up" now she's 14 months - if you know what I mean?!
  • Never thought of doing that, but it makes sense- there's a smaller piece to get in their mouth and bite off. I think I will try it next time I do toast for lo!!
  • Oooooooooooh good idea Loopy Loo will give that a go tomorrow! Thank you
  • I'd never thought of it until then, fingers just seemed the right thing to do! Hope your lo's find it easier when you give it a try!
  • Tried triangles of toast this morning with Charlotte - and she did seem to find eating them easier than square quarters!
  • Same here ccbmommy- Bethany seemed to end up with more in her mouth and less on the floor!