Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Triple Test

Hi everyone

I was due to have the triple test yesterday but when I went for my antenatal appointment I changed my mind after talking it through with my midwife. As I wouldn't have an amnio or terminate if it turned out I was high risk for Down's then there was little point in having the test done. Even if the result came back low i.e. 1:10,000 I could still be that 1 person who has a baby with Down's so I'm going with the flow and what will be will be. Anyone else decided not to have the triple test?

Serena (18 wks) xxxx

Replies

• We have!

Like you we wouldn't have had the amnio so our midwife advised us not to have the tests.

It does cross my mind occasionally the 'what if' and 'would it have been better to be prepared' but
    I don't regret it for a second, I will love our little man regardless!

Bec 31+5 x
  • we refused to have the triple test aswell. at the end of the day, the results arnt acurate and if it came back positive then we still would of kept the baby and would have worried throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

beccie 39 weeks today!
  • I decided to have it even tho it wouldn't have changed anything if we came back high risk, but luckily we came back as 1:greater than 20K. Still means I could be that unlucky one though. Its personal preference but as long as whatever you decide is right for you then thats all that matters

xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev207pr___.png

• I didnt know u were pregnant agen SWillo, big congrats, how r u and lil un doing? (sorry to gatecrash) xxx
  • i thought the same and decided it was so inconclusive that there wasnt much point in it. what will be will be.
  • i refused mine with brooke, but this time its part of the 12 week scan so i had it but threw the results away without opening them! x
  • i refused mine with brooke, but this time its part of the 12 week scan so i had it but threw the results away without opening them! x
  • We have decided against it as well, for exactly the same reasons as you, as has my best friend so you are certainly not alone
    xxx