Forum home Babies Baby

Awful nappies

The past few days especially the first poo of the day has been terrible! Charlotte has almost leaked which isn't like her. Her 1st molars are coming thru - looks like all 4 of them at once. So I know it could be this but her nappies have never been like this before with teething. she's also started to eat more fresh fruit lately. I had to give her purees a lot as she would just throw the food on the floor but now she's eating plums, pears, banana, nectarine, so maybe they are making her poo a bit runnier.
I don't think she's got a tummy upset as she's eating ok.

Do you think I should be worried? Her poos (sorry if tmi) aren't runny, just very pasty, no mucous or anything weird in them, normal colour. they don't always smell too bad either - but some smell horribly cheesy!! Yuk!

Hope no-one is eating!!

Replies

• mmm just enjoying my lunch...image

I know that fruit can tend to make everything a bit loose 'down there' so could you try counteracting it a bit by adding a bit more carby stuff, bread, potatoes - also eggs are really good for binding the tummy if she'll eat them?

I know you said on another thread she has a really god balanced diet, but i know if i eat too much fruit i feel the effects, so maybe that's what's happening here! x
  • Sounds like the fruit to me, it can create some pretty gross nappies.

Any 'P' fruits (like plums, pears, prunes, peaches) are a natural laxative so its no wonder lol xxx
  • Poor you!!

You would only need to worry if they are runny. It could be a combination of the fruit and teething.
  • i was actually eating shepherds pie when reading this and so glad you didn't say it looked like this. lol

Sounds pretty normal to me if she's got quite a lot of teeth coming through at once and eating lots of fruit! My son (now 4) was exactly the same but also had a nasty rash on his bottom with his teeth. If you get too worried then take her to your gp but it sounds normal to me :\)

Lisa xxx
  • My little girls nappies go like this when she's going through a really bad bout of teething, YUCK.

You should post this on the 'pig to twig' thread that'll put us off eating!!!!!
  • Think I'll cut down on the fruits. maybe I am overloading her a bit with them. I can see 2 molars now so I think the poos are also down to teething. Even though I'm changing her very often she's come out in a horrible nappy rash today as well. Plus she's being very grumpy!!