Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Ok so I know i am not pregnant but i need help from those of you that were sucessful getting pregnant i was really late on my period like almost 2 months because of stress due to a surgery i had to have but i finally started on the 4th of March so i am trying to calculate my ovulation which i think i should ovulate somewhere between the 18th and the 20th but for the last few days I have been using my Ovulation test strips and i havent yet ...SO since i was so late on my period would this have effected my Ovulation time??

Replies

• My only advice would be to keep doing the OPKs - eventhough I NEVER got a positive on them (waste of money for me) and check for EWCM each day (this was my indication that I was oving!

Because you were late it will be hard to know if your ov cycle will be normal.

x

http://bd.lilypie.com/Jexv0/.png

• All i can say is to bd every 2 days from the end of your af to the start of the next that way u cant miss it! Im like mrs kittyboo as i never got a postive with opk either. I also didnt have any other ov symptoms so had no idea, after my 2nd af we decided to just go for it and that way it didnt matter when ov was thus got my bfp!

Good Luck
    Jennie 34+5
  • Wow Jennie every two days haha.....I would not have kept it up ....or hubby, quite literally hahahah xxx Good luck Hopeful!!! xxxxx
  • Ok i know this may sound silly but what is EWCM! lol....
  • egg white cervical mucus
  • egg white cervical mucus

Ok i understand now sorry! I have been checking for that the past week or so and i dont think its ever been like that yet so maybe i didnt miss Ovulation this mo and i still will! SO the OPKs never worked for you
  • I tried clear blue ovulation kits last year and never got a positive. And they aren't cheap! Decided just to "go for it" whilst on holiday and relaxed (camping sends you to bed early anyway and this is how 1st born was concieved). It worked again but had MMC discovered at 3 month scan. Got a bit depressed and decided to try ovulation predictors again, tesco cheap ones this time, worked a treat, kind of positive result one day, so we tried, despite house full of guests!! Next day very clear positive so tried again... bingo! Now 8 weeks.

So tesco cheapies or go on holiday is my advice, I once heard may day refered to as bonk holiday weekend!

Good luck.
  • It depends on how long your cycle will be hun image I would keep testing with the OPK and see what happens! I DID get +ve on them and also had bad period like cramps! I never got that much ewcm though!

Re the doing it every other day! I wouldn't necessarily recommend that all month as it will tire the swimmers out! I would definitely be doing it now though if I were you just to get a store built up! Although saying that - I bd'd once on the night I got +ve OPK and it worked!!

Tara 34+1
  • It depends on how long your cycle will be hun image I would keep testing with the OPK and see what happens! I DID get +ve on them and also had bad period like cramps! I never got that much ewcm though!

Re the doing it every other day! I wouldn't necessarily recommend that all month as it will tire the swimmers out! I would definitely be doing it now though if I were you just to get a store built up! Although saying that - I bd'd once on the night I got +ve OPK and it worked!!

Tara 34+1

Oh really ...the Opks that i hot were just some cheapies as well from early preg. test .com so i dont know much about them..I keep getting 2 lines but the test line is light and it says that that is a neg. unless it is as dark or darker then the control line! so i asume i am not OV. I am going to try it again tonight and tomorrow night since those are the days i am supose to be OV and if it doesnt work i guess i will try BD every other day and just hope it works!