Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

god, i feel like a single mum!!

me and oh are still together by the way but his life doesnt seem to have changed. oh lost his job in nov and has been gettin bits of work. i still do most of the childcare and housework. i may as well be a single mum. he has a face on if he does have to get up on a morning and like today, he went out to pick his sister-6 hours ago!!i have no way of gettin hold of him and if i do ring him to find out where the hell he has got to-this is most days- he has a right go at me and says hes life isnt his own anymore!!well duh thats what happens when you have a baby.aaarrrgh. whenever i try to talk to him about anything he gets really defensive and tries to make out its my fault so i figuire whats the point and then he has a go cos im tired or in a mood. i swear im gonna raise my son to be a kind and considerate man.

sorry for the rant ladies but im ready to explode and i know im just feeling sorry for myself cos iv been in all day with a grumpy, teethin baby and im shattered.

rant over.lol.xxx

Replies

• aww hun I know how you feel. I feel really bad complaining about my hubby because he is pretty good compared to some but he still annoys me! He always has a face on if I say something to him in a slightly annoyed tone of voice which means I have control my tone perfectly allll the time, which is the last thing I want to be doing when I'm at the end of my tether with a teething tired baby! And he seems to forget that he's Theo's dad. Just now he was going to take him out for a walk and he turned round and said to me does he have a jacket or something? Well of course he has a bloody jacket you idiot, look around, find one and put it on him its not bloody rocket science!
    But he is good really, he would help alot more if I let him.
    Your oh sounds like he's lost sight of his priorities or something, he cant just disappear for 6 hours and then complain his life isnt his own anymore, what would happen if you did that?
    Grrr men!
    xxx
  • And he seems to forget that he's Theo's dad. Just now he was going to take him out for a walk and he turned round and said to me does he have a jacket or something? Well of course he has a bloody jacket you idiot, look around, find one and put it on him its not bloody rocket science!

lol, this is exactly the type of thing that drives me insane with my oh, it could be us!! He does help, but requires exact, precise instructions and guidence on everything, even if it's something we do every single bloody day. :roll:
  • carlybarly- i know what you mean hun bout controlling a tone of voice. as if i dont have enough on. i wouldnt mind but he is the only one who says anything and im a mental health nurse so work on non-verbal comm from others all the time and have to watch how i say things all the time.they say women are sensitive.lol.
    if i leave him for 2 hours the house looks like a bombs hit it, fins routine is shot and hes 'exhausted'.
    i do feel like i do nothin but moan bout oh and in may ways he is fantastic and does more than some of my friends oh but he just doesnt think. hes such a selfish git at times.xxx