Forum home Babies Baby

mothers day moan

we had a 4 week old baby last year and we were struggling a bit so i just got a card and was happy with that. lee asked me today what i wanted for mothers day? i told him nothing if hes got to ask me!!!! He said bonus!!!! Then backtracked and said no what i meant was is there anything you need???!!! for fathers day i had him a mug made with a pic of daisy on . Wish he would treat me special sometimes instead of last minute flowers!!!! in fact i might say tomorow please dont get me flowers that will leave him totally stuck!!!!

Replies

• Lol! Think I'll probably get a card - that's all I'm getting my own mother, so fair's fair I guess :lol:

xx
  • Go for it! Lol. Though if he's anything like my oh he'll just get you chocolates instead. Back up gift if oh can't get flowers!

We're so stuck for money this month I'm just getting a card for my first mother's day. Hubby had booked the day off work especially but he called in sick today as he's caught the sickness bug going round and offered to work Sunday instead!! Almost brained him when I found out!

Hope you have a nice day, whatever happens! Xxx
  • :lol:
    My Oh said to me yesterday he wants to get me something from Ollie but he doesnt know what (I've already pointed out my fave perfume is running low and mentioned a few other things i'd like) but I said it was ok and he didnt need to get me anything, to which he said he felt guilty what with me cooking the dinner (so he should considering we spent ??100+ taking his mother out last year) and that if he didnt get me anything my dad would be angry and upset with him - so he doesnt want to get me something for being a mum, he thinks he needs to get me something so my dad isnt upset...... not quite sure he's grasped the meaning of Mothers Day.....

Ollie came home from nursery with a card he'd made yetserday and OH actually said well that saves me going having to buy one from him.....

I'd be happy with a card and some help cooking the dinner to be honest, even though I've given him ideas of what I might like he hasnt taken the blindest bit of notice! :lol:
    (yes I would have preferred to have been taken out for dinner but we do have a lot of work to get finished before Marissa arrives and its the one day we've got my dad up to help and the one thing I don't want in any way is a card from his mum!!!!!)
    xxx
  • :lol:
    My Oh said to me yesterday he wants to get me something from Ollie but he doesnt know what (I've already pointed out my fave perfume is running low and mentioned a few other things i'd like) but I said it was ok and he didnt need to get me anything, to which he said he felt guilty what with me cooking the dinner (so he should considering we spent ??100+ taking his mother out last year) and that if he didnt get me anything my dad would be angry and upset with him - so he doesnt want to get me something for being a mum, he thinks he needs to get me something so my dad isnt upset...... not quite sure he's grasped the meaning of Mothers Day.....

Ollie came home from nursery with a card he'd made yetserday and OH actually said well that saves me going having to buy one from him.....

I'd be happy with a card and some help cooking the dinner to be honest, even though I've given him ideas of what I might like he hasnt taken the blindest bit of notice! :lol:
    (yes I would have preferred to have been taken out for dinner but we do have a lot of work to get finished before Marissa arrives and its the one day we've got my dad up to help and the one thing I don't want in any way is a card from his mum!!!!!)
    xxx
  • This is my first mothers day with Burgess (have a older daughter from prev relationship) we are really hard up at min so i told both mothers in law that we are only doing cards. i dont know if his mother has said something to him but hes gone out to buy her a cheap pair of pj's from asda this morning. (not something he wouldve thought of by himself) but how unfair that i get NOTHING and he's bought his mother. he's out of work and im part time. dammit. this house better be spanked clean tomorrow when i get in form work and my super noodles better be on the best crockery!! x
  • :lol:@artygal - I bought his mothers MD present again this year, as his excuse is he has no idea but we HAVE to get her one... then he didnt put my name on the card because things are a bit 'tense' at the moment......

I wont even get a clean house - I'll have two dirty men traipsing muck in from moving the sheds around to content with while I cook my own dinner for 5 of us.... Ah well. Maybe next year???

xx
  • I've been telling my dh that I want something that says 'mummy' on it for weeks - most blokes need to be told to do these things as they dont think the same way we do!
  • Oh ladies why havent we learnt by now that this is just men for you!!! They wouldnt take a hint if you stuck it on their forehead. My hubby has got me something but im pretty sure its something i asked for. I tend to give him a few options and the surprise is which one i get.

Hope they all surprise you though and you get spoilt rotten or maybe we just have to wait until the kids are old enough to sort it themselves.
  • I'm not too bothered about gifts tbh - i think it's just nice to be a mummy. LO's too young to really know anything about it and hubby is off for the day and he usually works all weekends (well, every day usually) so for him to just have a day off is lovely.

I said i'd quite like a mug with mummy on as DH has a daddy one, and i'm sure i'll get a card. I've got my mum a card and some flowers and would never expect anything more than that myself.
  • Well, so far all your hubbies are beating mine lol! For my first mothers day last year our lo was about 6 weeks old, if it hadn't been for my mum sending me a card from him I wouldn't have got anything! When I asked hubby why he hadn't even given me a card he said 'but you're not my mum?'. Obviuously the expectation was that our 6 week old was going to pop to the shops and sort something out himself!

This year my mum has sent me a card again, I have been dropping heavy hints for a few weeks to hubby that Mothers day is approaching but I know he won't have bothered again. Really pee's me off that he doesn't even bother giving me a card. I've ordered flowers for my mum and his mum and sorted cards out for them which he is aware of.

I really wish he was more romantic and would do something rather than me dropping hints for ages and him still not bothering! Men huh?!

Hope we are all surprised and get fabulous mothers day treats tomorrow! x
  • I think a card and the dinner being cooked is pretty good for mothers day, we dont do presents for birthdays or christmas so I dont exopect we'll do them for mothers day. Although hubby did arrange for a card to arrive yesterday and i'm not technically a mummy for another 2 weeks so I thought that was pretty sweet !

MrsW 38+2
  • Don't hate me but my oh went out with Charlotte this morning whilst I was having my lie-in to get my present(s). He's also cooking a meal of my choice tomorrow.
    Last year he got me nice pressies and cooked a meal. Would anyone like to borrow him for the day? lol!! He's cheap!!
  • I WILL I WILL!!!! I SAID IT FIRST!!!!!!!!

lmao xx
  • See ladies this is why I am single!
    Bloody men are bloody useless!
    It's my 1st Mother's day & Ellie & I will be spending it in our pjs eating what we like, going for sleeps when we want & just generally having a nice relaxing day! xx

ps ccbmommy send him my way for a day! :lol:
  • Oh yes please! He sounds like a fab hubby! Could he give mine some lessons please?! x
  • I've had to hint very hard as to what I want though!
    Seems to work for me.
  • Hello,
    Tomorrow is my first mothers day too. I went a bit mad with fathers day even thought my lo was only a month old. He got a card and several presents. For Christmas I brought him a 1st daddy chirstmas card. I really wanted the 1st mummy and wished i had brought it! He did make me a card from him and my daughter.

So for mothers day I have got my sister to remind my hubby and if need to buy one to give to him lol! I asked her a couple fo days ago and she said she had reminded me. I saw on msn that she had spoken to him about it and mentioned a card. Although out shopping with a friend she denied to have brought one!

I was a bit naughty and have found out where my sister has put it! lol! But I had to do it to confirm Im getting one. I did consider buying one lol!

Im not bothered about a present as he has been busy and ahsnt had time to go shopping. Would be nice if he suprised me with flowers but I wont get my hopes up!

Think we will have to start a post on mon as to whether our ohs shocked us with their thoughts/presents on mothers day lol! x
  • Im single too and have a really tense relationship(if it can even be called that)with my ex.
    So needless to say i wont get a card from him,but my own mother(bless her)always buys me a card from lo and abit of something.
    I think men are abit useless at stuff like this,some gems out there that just seem to "get it" but not many lol.....you all deserve a lovely card n pressie and to be taken out for a meal...thats what i would like but ho hum!!!!!!!!!! x
  • oh im glad its not just my oh that couldnt give a crap! iv been fuming today cos we had a ride out to get his mum something this morning and we was in a card shop n he walked up to me and went "am just going paying for your card" whilst waving it around. then a bit later he says "do you actually want something for mothers day, i thought you were joking, its only a card scam you know it doesnt mean anything!"
    grrrrrrr, i said its supposed to be a chance for you to show your mum some appreciation for all she does! so i ended up with a cd, which i had to go through the till with myself with his card! MEN!!
    x
    ( oh he has said we can go out for some lunch after we've visited my mums grave tomorrow so i suppose im being slightly harsh but this morning has really pissed me off! lol)
  • Well we went out for lunch this afternoon instead of tomorrow cause it'll be dead busy LOL. But he'll be cooking us a roast....
    He's gone out now with lo to get me a card and 'something', told him I want a card that say's 'to my mummy' on the front (it's my first as well, she's 18wks) And he's also gone to Tesco and other errands, so I get a couple hours off.... and theres some expressed milk in the freezer so he's offered to do some feeds, so he isn't THAT bad lol
    I don't know why they're so clueless either, I've been telling him for wks and wks.... I also have sorted cards and gifts for our mums. I have his fathers day all sorted in my head, he's getting her finger print in cufflinks and a photo book of the two of them (idea stolen from Talkatie!!)
    He was rather relieved to hear that he has only this one and next year to arrange and then once she is at nursery he's off the hook, as I'd rather have something she's made than shop brought!!!