Forum home Babies Baby

:\? maybe i'm just silly but... :\?

I find it really rude when people just reach into the moses basket/pram whatever and just pick my little man up, without asking if its ok.

Do you think people should ask to pick up your lo before they do so? :\?

Replies

• yes defo! That winds me up something awful when people just pick your baby up, esp if youve just got them off to sleep! Argh!
  • My FIL did this last time he saw us! Took her out of her bouncy chair, smacked her head on the toy arch, she screamed then he handed her to me and said 'she must be hungry!!!'

In answer to your question yeah it's rude and it winds me up chronic..... funnily enough the only other person to hubby who doesn't ask and I don't mind is my mum?
  • phew!!! i'm so glad i'm not the only one. We'd just fed Isaac and got him settled, placed him on his play mat all content, and fil just picked him up and passed him to mil. i really had to bite my tongue!

• Yes!!! They should!! I find it so rude... these days I really tell people off!! My daughter has VI and so gets really really upset when people try this-so I go mad!!
    Though I agree Mrs T my mum is ok to do it!! lol
    xx
  • My FIL did this last time he saw us! Took her out of her bouncy chair, smacked her head on the toy arch, she screamed then he handed her to me and said 'she must be hungry!!!'

:lol: Thanks for the giggle, i read this out to hubby and he had a chuckle too! x

• :lol: Thanks for the giggle, i read this out to hubby and he had a chuckle too! x

I was furious!! Though I have to laugh otherwise I'd be rocking in a corner somewhere.... o/t but do you find if your lo cries longer than 5 mins and the person holding can't comfort her, they decide she must be hungry cause she is bf? I get this all the time!!
  • I was furious!! Though I have to laugh otherwise I'd be rocking in a corner somewhere.... o/t but do you find if your lo cries longer than 5 mins and the person holding can't comfort her, they decide she must be hungry cause she is bf? I get this all the time!!

TOTALLY! That's what made me giggle! She cries, oh she must be hungry, erm NO she has just fed, my hubby is guilty of doing it as well though. Very annoying! x :roll:
  • It is annoying....
    'oh but your bf did you know its digested quicker? so she must be hungry'
    Grrrrrr
  • :lol:

"how do you know she has had enough?!" grrrrrr! She is crying because she doesn't want to be held by you! I'm kinda used to it now cos i went through it with Zach as well! It is a very common annoyance with my breastfeeding friends!

• When she had thrush and it was a battle to feed and then then we had problems with colic as a result and all I heard from most 'how are you sure you're filling her up?'

She is my first but I look back and wonder how I carried on! I must have put my head down against the wind and fought my way through so to speak
  • ive never understood why people would pick up a baby when they are more than happy where they are. it annoyed me so much when people done this with tegan and then would say to whoever was holding her "can i have a hold now, ive not had a turn yet" the cheeky buggers xx
  • It used to really get on my nerves when Gabe was little but it doesn't any more. I used to HATE other people holding him, now he is 10 months and they are more than welcome to give me a break lol.

I definitely don't think you are being silly. It used to also drive me mad when people tried to comfort him and obviously couldn't, but still would not give him back to me even when I stood by them and held my arms out for him!

Nowadays it just gets on my nerves when people take his dummy out, loads of people do it (even random strangers!!!) and it gets on my nerves. It's his dummy not theirs, and its not their right to take things off him and say "get that dummy out" or similar. Also, with strangers, you dont know if they've washed their hands. My grandma did it when he was asleep once but she is nearly 82 and hates confrontation so I let that one slip.

It's so hard to be vigilant with things like this as you're always accused of being an 'overprotective 1st time mum' argh it drives me mad!