Forum home Babies Baby

What does you lo wear swimming?

Hello swimming mummies and babies image

I had originally thought about going swimming with my lo and her daddy. Now daddy isnt too bothered I have decided to wait no longer and take her swimming on Monday with ym sister.

Just need to know what to dress her in lol! I have brought her a baby wetsuit equivalent. Someone suggested this to me as it would be warmer than a swimsuit. I have brought swim nappies from boots. Do I need to buy a pair of nappy swim pants to be certain her nappy is secure if she did happen to poo?

1) What do you all dress your los in?
2) Also, do you go to a swim class or just any day when pool open?
3) do they wear armbands or the baby rings? Do you hire or use your own.

Sorry for the questions, I want to be prepared! xxx

Replies

• Hiya, I have just got back from swimming with my LO. He just wears a swim nappy and has never pood yet! I dont use a ring or anything like that. Just take him in as he is...he kicks and splashes away!!The instructor said it is better for them to be as close to the water as possible. we have a special babies only session which is cheaper than the rest but no instructor! Good luck and hope you have a wonderful time!
  • - when we took Connor he was in a swim nappy and trunks,where we went there was a baby pool which is warmer than the big pool
    - We didnt go to a swim class, we are going to take him a few times t get him used to it then start lessons
    - we got him a baby ring at the pool but he was much happier being held and swam about!

Hope you both enjoy it
    xxxx
  • - when we took Connor he was in a swim nappy and trunks,where we went there was a baby pool which is warmer than the big pool
    - We didnt go to a swim class, we are going to take him a few times t get him used to it then start lessons
    - we got him a baby ring at the pool but he was much happier being held and swam about!

Hope you both enjoy it
    xxxx
  • Abby wears a swim nappy and a wetsuit. I did buy extra pants to go over the nappy but they were so difficult to get on and off that I gave up.
    I don't go to swimming lessons - she is only 14 weeks so we just splash around together. She chases her ball which is quite sweet - LOL. Because she's so little I don't use the rings, I just hold her and keep her secure.

Enjoy xx
  • Abby wears a swim nappy and a wetsuit. I did buy extra pants to go over the nappy but they were so difficult to get on and off that I gave up.
    I don't go to swimming lessons - she is only 14 weeks so we just splash around together. She chases her ball which is quite sweet - LOL. Because she's so little I don't use the rings, I just hold her and keep her secure.

Enjoy xx
  • I used to take my lo swimming every week form her being about 4 months old. I used to just dress her in a resuable swim nappie form boots and a bog standard swimming costume. Now that we have moved there isn't a pool suitable for Freya. Its too cold which is a shame as she loved swimming and as I don't drive and the buses are crap. I never used swimming aids. She just loved to bob and splash about, I never went to swim lessons, just went to open baby swim. It was cheaper.

Hope you have a good time.
    Kerry
    X X X
  • millie has a swim nappy and little swimmin hotpants type things with matching top they r sooo cute hehe she use to have a costume. she has a ring that she loves! but she also just loves to try and swim and splash! we take her to open pool sessions or sometimes fun splash where they put all the floats out she loves that! x x
  • Thanks ladies for your replies.
    Sorry for not responding sooner, ahvent had chance to get on the laptop!

I took her swimming to a toddler splash session and she loved splashing in the water. They did a sing son in the water which was good and she really liked it. I got chatting to another mum who taught I daughter to go under water and not be scared and, swim and jumoing in. Alot cheaper than the baby swimming session. They have an instructor in the pool too which is nice. I did put her under and she was ok although did look a bit scared. Unfortunately I couldnt give her enough praise as I have a croaky voice!

Will definately be taking her more regularly!