Forum home Babies Baby

does it mean i wont cope if im having painful braxton hicks?

morning ladies!....

im 40 +3 today!.. and still nothing apart from the odd bout of braxton hicks.. which im finding increasingly painful....

does this mean i wont cope with the proper contractions?... im worried because i can find these BH's so painful that i wont cope in real labour. ...

hope you dont mind me posting here instead of the labour forum, but i figure you've all been through yours and have your babies.. so you can advise me...

(had a previous c section so i still dont know what to expect this time round)

thanks ladies...

Replies

• they are hurting like very intense period pains... they peak to a real intense pain and then go again...
    ive said this to midwife.. and she says its BH's!..
    if it was start of labour, it wouldnt stop though would it?

oh.. i dont know... im petrified....

thanks for posting queen bee.. x
  • Sounds like it could be the start of something hun!! I had pains like that for a day or so and then everything got going!
    Don't be petrified you'll be meeting your lo soon! Sending hugs and lots of good luck! Lets us know how you get on xx
  • thanks girls...
    im thinking im a complete wimp if these are braxton hicks....

the only thing is ive had them on and off on certain evenings and nothing for the past two days..... can labour be like this?...
    slow labour? xx

thanks for yor reassurance...
    i really didnt think my pain tollerance was that low!... im usually pretty good with pain...

• well im booked in for a sweep tomorrow...
    would you recommend i do that?...
    im just absolutely gutted its not all kicked off yet.
    im waiting in anticipation now...

thanks again for taking the time to post girls...
  • Hi

I was going through my old posts yesterday and i posted something very similar and then 3 days later bubba was born, they were worse in the evenings and i thought something was up.

Re pain, i am the biggest wimp in the whole world, i cry when i prick my finger but in labour something took over me and i managed quite well (tho too be fair never got to push as had to have another em sec after 36 hours BUT really pleased i experienced it)

Good luck looking forward to reading your birth story.

xxDBxx
  • For 2 weeks before i went into labour i had such painful BH that i didn't notice when i actually went into labour (although it was 7 weeks early !!!).
    I couldn't understand it because i'd heard they weren't meant to be painful but mine definitely were!

However I had no pain relief while i gave birth (except for perthadine which did nothing) and coped fine, so don't worry sweetie!

Ooo how exciting for you x
  • Totally agree with doublebubble something takes over you and you get in a zone(sounds a bit cheesy but you know what I mean!) and I was so proud of myself during labour! I am a total wimp-even my oh was worried I wouldn't cope and I just did.
    You'll be great hun and looking forward to hearing all about you lo! x
  • thanks ladies..
    really appreciate all the responses...
    always makes things better asking questions on here.

my son is wanting my full attention now so am going to have to go.
    i really appreciate everything ladies.. and will keep you posted.
    xx
    take care everyone..
    thanks again
    em x
  • ooo sounds like the start of things. i had this for 2-3 days with tegan and thought nothing of it, but it must have been doing something! good luck xx
  • Definitely sounds more like slow labour than BH to me. I had something very similar, my contractions started on the saturday night and were on and off until she was born on the Tuesday morning. Sometimes they got quite regular but then they would fade again. They were worse and more regular at night, because moving around really helped in the daytime.

Hope things really start for you soon!