Forum home Family life & relationships Family finances

I'm lost

Ok now just let me apoloigse in advance if this question has already been answered and I missed it.

Now onwards I'm 20 weeks pregnant and after the shock of that I have no idea what grant's there are out there anymore (my youngest is now nearly 7 years old). There used to be a grant just before the babys were due is that still around it was the 1 you were entitled to no matter what your income was, and whats this new one thats starting in April ??????????

I'm all lost and confused I hope to here from you (anyone) soon and thanks for taking the time to read/answer this.

Replies

• there's the surestart maternity grant which is a ??500 one off payment that you can get if you're on certain benefits (i can only claim after baby's born cos i will be getting child tax credits then) and the one that comes out in april is if you're due on or after the 6th april, its a ??190 one-off payment that all mummies are eligible for but you can only apply after you're 25 weeks pregnant and the form has to be signed by your midwife.
    hope this helps!
    lau 36+4 xxxx
  • Yes it does thank you very much for the help.