Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Acupressure and other natural ways to bring on labour

I'm really sorry if this has been asked loads of times before but I couldn't find it on website. Probably my tired baby brain! I am due to be induced next week and I'm really not keen so I'm looking at ways of bring on labour naturally. I spoke to my midwife yesterday and she suggested pineapple, sex, spicy food so last night I tried this. I ate a massive fresh pineapple, had a hot hot dinner and even tried the sex (sorry to be so open!)

I have also been on my birthing ball but not even getting braxton hicks!

I just wondered if anyone had tried Acupressure and knew what point of the foot etc it is you press (or whatever you do)

My first arrived at 38 weeks which I will be on fri and I really don't want to be induced if I can bring this one on.

Oh and i would not be asking about brining on labour early if it wasn't for the fact they have told me they want to induce me between 37-39 weeks (could only get a date next week at 38 weeks) because of sugar levels so please don't think I'm just being selfish and risking babys health.

Thank you in advance for any answers xx

Replies