Forum home Babies Baby

Pram for a Ford KA

Hiya Girlies of wisdom,

I am in due in Sept and I know it is a long way off to buying prams etc, I was wondering if anyone has a ford KA and what fits in?

I think i like the Loola, please can anyone help?

Thanks

akaLadyK

[Modified by: akaLadyK on 22 March 2009 14:28:41 ]

Replies

• oh honey!!! I also have a ford Ka and really struggle!!! I have a Stokke Explory which is MASSIVE and heavy although fantastic for being out and about as the baby is so high up but not for the car so its a bit of a trade off!!! I am by no means a buggy expert, got carried away and my mum bought mine at the baby show but I'm not sure you'll get one that will fit in the boot but we put our through the boot into the back seat if that helps. I love my buggy and wouldn't change it, just would like a bigger car! At christmas we managed the buggy, baby in car seat, my 6ft 2 boyfriend and a 6ft christmas tree in my car, beat that!!!! Seriously though, it is possible to fit buggies in but mainly if its just you the bubs and shopping, i fit my weekly shop in even with my beast of a buggy. Not too early to think about buggies btw.

Hope you find one
    xxx
  • Hiya I had a ford KA 3 1/2 yrs ago when I had my first and I had a loola pram and it fitted in no problem. Was just talking to oh about that car last night saying how nippy it was and easy to park! Got a polo now and using Loola for my baby I had in October (wanted a new one but couldn't justify spending the money when it was in perfectly good condition)
  • Hiya I had a ford KA 3 1/2 yrs ago when I had my first and I had a loola pram and it fitted in no problem. Was just talking to oh about that car last night saying how nippy it was and easy to park! Got a polo now and using Loola for my baby I had in October (wanted a new one but couldn't justify spending the money when it was in perfectly good condition)
  • I have a ford ka. We picked buggy on what teh buggy was like rather than my car. The only time I take it in my car occasionally if im going clotehs shopping. I usually use the baby carrier otherwise. If we go out as a family I use my husbands car where it fits in teh boot.
    I ahve quinny speedi and I have to put one seat down. I dont mind doing it as I still fit my shopping in plus an adult sat in the back.

holly777 - totally agree about being easy to park. Shame about the engine size though! xxx
  • I had a real mission when buying my buggy. we were given a car seat, so I wanted a buggy to go with the seat fro a travel system. We fitted so many into the tiny KA, but alas nothing fitted, I ended up buying a Graco, which can either sit collapsed in the passenger seat, or in the boot with one half of the back seat folded down.

I have roof racks, so I want to either get one of those roof boxes, or a strong bag, and sling the buggy on the roof - I'm sure it will work.

A major problem, I was not expecting though, was that not all car seats will fit in the back, as the seat belt would not get around the seat - the belts in my car seem a little small. Cant wait until I can get her in the front (no way to turn off the airbags in my model).
  • I obviously ahve an old model lil lin lol! Shes in teh front as my ka doesnt ahve front pass airbag! I know what you mean about short straps though...I ahve to have theseat quite far back to get it round. Maybe the ka was built for slit people which is why teh straps are short tehehe lol
  • Thanks girls, I heard the Quinny Buzz fits in as you can take the back wheels off, I am also looking into the apple as it is similar, will need to check if i can take the wheels off.

To be fair if i have to chuck it on the back seats then its not a problem as no one ever gets in the back and 98% of the time it is only ever me in the car and baby seat can go in front as no airbag on passenger side.............might go to big baby's r us and see if they will let me try some out x
  • Hi akaLadyK, didn't know you had got your BFP, congratulations you! image

I have a Quinny Buzz and a KA and I have to be honest and say it's a pain in the a*se getting it in, so much so that I now drive our Civic instead - but it's do-able.

I think going to Babies R Us and asking to try some out is a good idea.
  • Think I have decided on a loola - fingers crossed it fits x
  • Hi, I had a Loola and it was great. It fitted no problem in the boot of my Seat Arosa. Its pretty heavy but I think most travel systems are. I would definitely recommend it if youre looking for something that folds small xx
  • I used to have a KA and have a Quinny Buzz and to be honest it really doesn't fit in the boot, sorry.
    I'm sure you'll find something though, happy pram hunting x
  • Hey hunny,

Congrats on the pregancy! I have a quinny buzz and a ka and it fits fine in the boot at a certain angle lol!! tbh it fits better behing my seat and then there is plenty of room in the boot for my shopping hehe!! Hubby has a huge car so we use that for big shops and longer trips just for comfort really as there is so much room,

You will be fine with a buzz hun, dont need to faf about with the back wheels (didnt even no they came off so shows you how many times you would need to take them off lol) i love the buzz and my KA!! XXX
  • Hiya, also the petite star zia is a fab pushchair suitable from birth and folds up really small!!!
  • hiya, i dont have a KA but my sister does and wen she takes us out our Mamma's and Pamma's aria fits in the boot, along with bag and a few phter bits and pieces. We manage to fit me my sis my 18month old and my 6month old with my aria in the boot a buggy in between the kids and a full shop in too!lol. but yeah i would reccommend the ARIA its from argos and you can get the pram the car seat the rain cover footmuf and bag all for under ??150! bargin image