Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

epidural

:cry:
i regret having an epidural,

Replies

• why?

what happened??
  • i absolutely regret it too on my first baby....
    they got it in the wrong place in my back three times... and i ended up with an emergency section because i couldnt feel a thing and the birth didnt progress....
    whats your story then?....

my second baby is due any day now and im so determined not to have it.

• I dont regret mine as i needed it at the time and it was wonderful at the time. but i wouldnt like to have one this time around xx
  • the thought of been able to have an epidural is the only thing keeping me calm as my due date gets nearer!
  • the thought of been able to have an epidural is the only thing keeping me calm as my due date gets nearer!
  • What happened?

I loved my epidural. I had back ache for a few weeks after but this could have been from the fact that i was no longer carrying round a baby! Its like any form of pain relief - some people love it and some people dont. I would 100% have another epidural.
  • This is my first baby and Im hoping not to have an epidural.

Hope you're ok
  • i didnt have an epidural as i was adamant i didnt want one and by the time i was beggin for one it was too late. i am glad that i didnt end up havin one i have to be honest and now i know i wont actually die (that was the thought runnin through my mind at the time,lol) i wouldnt ever want one. if i had to be induced or there was a prob i would accept one but if it was gonna be another straightforward birth i would refuse one.xxx