Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Please help! Nuchal Screening Measurements?

Hi girls,

Me and my OH had our Nuchal Screening test this evening and I am completely confused!

Bambino looked fine, heartbeat etc. however the sonographer told us that the nuchal fold measurement was 2.9 mm which is slightly high (I am 12 +1). He said that the higher cut off point for my stage in pregnancy is 2.5mm (i'm 30 years old). I can't remember then having my blood taken as I was completely numb! He didn't offer any other help other than that he will call us tomorrow evening between 7pm and 8pm with the final results. I'm going out of my mind with worry and I can't stop crying.

I can't find any help on the internet as to how the measurements work.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated. I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight image

Laura x

Replies

• Hi hunny - they need to look at your bloods now (not sure what they look for!) then they compareyour blood results to the measurement results and they come out with a %of risk. i.e you have a 1 out of 1000 risk.

I am so sorry you have to wait for your results, at least he sint making you wait too long!!

xxxx Kittyboo 18+5
  • Hi girls,
    Thank you for your support, i've read the info on the babycentre website and I feel a bit better but still anxious. I will keep you updated x
  • You are bound to be anxious until you get the call from the doc. good luck hunny xxx
  • Hi,

Just checking that everything is ok???

xxx
  • Hi sunshine baby,

Sorry for the late update.

After all that worry we were given a 1.407 risk which falls into the 'low risk' category.

Thank you for all your support and kind words.

Big hugs, Laura x x x

• Laura thats brilliant news!!!!!!! xxxx
  • Laura, thats great news.
    Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

I came up high risk for downs in my last pregnancy in 2007 (Wasn't aware of NT scans then and they weren't available on my Nhs) I had an amnio which was awful but everything was all right in the end.

This time we paid for a private NT scan (I'm 36 years old now) and everything is fine. It's such a relief.

Congrats. xx