Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

NO SELF CONTROL!!

HELP LADIES!!! im really struggling with my craving to chew and suck the washing powder flavour out of my clothes i have chewed straight through the sleeve of one of my fave tops now looks like a moth has eaten it! my jumpers and robs t-shirts are ruined round the necks! its rubbish! i cant help it i have no self control i keep telling myself to stop it! i got a flannel to chew instead the other night but ended up with a black mouth where i sucked all the colour out of it aswell.. cant be good for the baby or me!
oh and the bath sponge! rob only bought me a new one yesterday and i chewed it to bits in the bath this morning and sucked the soap out of it!!
i have to count to 3 and force myself to throw it out of the bath so i can get out or i'll sit there all day with it!

please someone help me any advice greatly appreciated!

Replies

• HAHAHA I haven't laughed so much in ages lol but the funniest thing about it is that I have the exact same craving lol. Bath sponges YUM YUM I love to lick mine, I am hygenic and have one just for chewing, sucking and licking (OH is jealous lmao)! This is the first time I have openly admited my addiction lol.
    What's your faveourite brand?
    Mine is Boots sanctuary spa mum-to-be bath soak (with sponge) along with the smell of Tesco's own 'Pine' disinfectant. I keep cleaning just to smell it lol!!!
    Oh dear I'm still laughing!
    Sorry I am no help - other than to say I had the same craving in my first pregnancy and have a very happy healthy 1 year old son!!! no damage done!!!
    Hannah xxx
  • i had the same with my first baby too, she is a bit of a fruitloop but i dont think that has anything to do with the soap! well i do my washing with fairy and that what im the worst with.. the sponge chewing can be whatever i have in the shower at the time! i also have a seperate one for chewing on! hubby only bought me one last night and i chewed the crap out of it in the bath this morning!! oops... he thinks its really odd! but its actually called Pica craving un edible things! xx
  • oh im also a pregnancy chewer lol ive got through a pack of 6 bath sponges in the space of a few weeks as i just cant chewing on them. was the same when i was preg with tegan. theres just something nice about chewing on a sponge lol i cant wait for my evening bath time, just to have a good half hour chew on the sponge. how weird is that? lol xxx
  • i also have seperate chewing and washing sponges, im not totally grose haha xxx
  • lol im sitting here atm chewing the tassle of my hoodie! lol. im so glad im not the only one. i have to try really hard not to chew my clothes in the day coz brooke copies and starts eating hers! argh!!! so i really need some self control specially during the day! then i can chew till my hearts content! well to an extent hubby hates it and constantly tells me to stop it!
  • haha my oh is the same and im not allowed to chew around Tegan as its "disgusting" I think its normal and i quite enjoy it to be honest lol flannels are also good. your making me want some chew time now lol xx
  • yeah i like flannels too! but i had one of brookes with piglet on and washed it so i cud chew that instead of my clothes and ended up with a black mouth where the colour of the out line of piglets face had come out! was rank hubby wasnt impressed! go have some chew time!
    do u find tho u dont wanna eat? i find if im chewing i cant stop chewing to eat my tea or something.
  • lol ladies the thought of sponge in my mouth really makes me cringe and go all goosepimply im so glad i only crave chocolate spread on toast image
    claire x
    33+6
  • lol yeah who needs to eat when you can chew. i find myself in the bath for hours at a time just chewing, its not untill im almost asleep in the bath that i actually start to wash and stuff lol xx
  • i also have a quick "chew" when i nip to the loo...which is quite often these days :lol:
  • OH MY DAYS... I just had a chew-a-thon, right after a nice sniff-a-thon lol. This talk of chewing sponges made me sooooo desperate for some 'sponge time' so I went and scrubbed the bathroom till even the door handle was shining with the lovely aroma of pine disinfectant. I almost took a swig but I refrained lol!!! I then rewarded myself with a nice long hot soak in the bath with my mum-to-be bath soak and chomped on the chomping sponge till my jaw hurt!!!
    MMM...
    I'm just gonna do some google 'research' and find out if this craving means anything!
    Hannah xxx
  • sounds like you had a good time Hannah! im just off for a bath now, all this talk of chewing is making me jealous xx
  • lol all i know is its called pica... eating things that arnt edible.. other things include plaster coal,brick adn things! makes out sponges and soap seem quite normal! x
  • lol enjoy your time alone with your sponge! from what i've just looked up bath sponges are actually a very common craving!
    xxx
  • it was very good, theres nothing like wrinkly toes and half eaten sponge lol
    i would have never of thought sponge cravings was normal...not unless it was sponge cake...which i also wouldnt say no 2 xxx
  • I did eat a WHOLE victoria sponge a couple of weeks ago! over the course of a few hours, not quite all at once!
    Don't worry it was a one off, in fact I had salad for my dinner tonight lol!!!
    xxx
  • mmm i really do want some cake now, would go down a treat! when i was pregnant with Tegan i bought a whole chocolate birthday cake and ate it on my lunch hour at work, i didnt half get some funny looks haha xx
  • Oh god now I really want cake lol...
    and I don't have any image oh is a chef, will ring him and get him to steal something nice from work as he is still not back lol!!! xxx
  • Damn, he just got back as I replied.
  • ooo bet he has really nice cake aswell lol guess your guna have to be patient like me and wait untill the morn and send your oh out for some :lol: im guna be dreaming of cake tonight xxx