Forum home Babies Baby

How can i keep my 4 month old baby occupied and amused

Hello im new on here i have a 4 year old son and a 4 month old son. My 4 month old is quite demanding! Hes very cute and cuddly but when i need to do chores or spend time with my 4 yr old he winges untill i pick him up. He gets fed up with the bouncy chair, play gym, play mat, cot after about 5 mins! He doesnt sleep for very long during the day. Hes fine when we're out and about but when at home any ideas to keep him occupied for longer than 5 mins??

Replies

• Have you tried him in a sling? Just an idea as then you could just bob him in whilst you get on with your housework or playing with your older son.
  • i used to put soft toys that sing and dance around Tegan when she was on her playmat to keep her amused while i got on things xx
  • Hi and welcome to BE image
    If you pop onto the 'Born in Dec 08' there is a similar thread and lots of the girls have posted suggestions and links which might help.
    My daughter is wild for wanting lifted! It's not even a comfort thing I don't think- it's more nosiness lol We got her a FisherPrice Jumperoo today which she is loving- it was expensive but I used the usual excuse that if we plan to have a few more babies we will get our money worthimage But there are loads of similar options could be your lo just needs a bit more stimulation as he is able to take more in

Rosa & Lorelei
  • Im lucky if i need to get anything done my 4 or 7 year old will keep baby happy he thinks its funny when they act like idiot's for him lol. iv ordered him a baby walker as he loves the ones at our mother and toddler group i tried him in it this week so i could get a drink and he didn't want to get out again, he will be 5 months old on the 4th i know most say for 6 months plus but he is a big baby and had great control he has been trying to crawl for a few weeks just has trouble getting his tummy of the flour. lol
  • hi hun welcome to BE.

It can get frustrating cant it. Mirrors always worked best for Tyler - wold keep him occupied for quite a while! lol.

xx
  • I would have to suggest a jumperoo as well.best invention in the world in my opinion!!!
  • Hi again, and thanks for all your suggestions! You've given me some ideas i haven't thought of befor, will be trying some of those soon! xx