Forum home Babies Baby

Weird Eating Habits - Pre & Post Pregnancy

Before getting pregnant with Archie, i was a total choc-o-holic, while pg i could not stand the stuff and it made me violently ill, this is how i found out i was pg initially....now i still cant eat hardly any choc, altho i really fancy it, (i now feel sick after pigging out on milkybar)

i know i shouldnt be complaining, but it was my only vice as im not in to sweeties and biscuits

has anyone else had this with certain foods / favouite naughty snacks????

Replies

• Hi,
    I was the same with a certain type of chocolate. Had got into Green and Black's choc (thanks to me Dad!) and loved it. Whilst preg coundn't eat it but was happy to munch on Twirl bars (became slightly addicted!). Only in the last month or so have I gone back to my old fav G&B choc and I can't eat Twirls anymore!! NO idea why at all.
    Have to say while preg (after 1st 3 months where I bearly ate) all I craved was ice cold milk. I would drink 1-2 pints a day! Now sounds a bit excessive but normally I HATE milk! Eat all cereals dry (except Rice Crispies and Rready Brek) and can't bear it. Now I'm not preg anymore back to hating milk with a passion!!
    Our bodies are amazing aren't they! Am sure your choc-o-holicness will come back!!
    P.S New photo thingie is gorgeous, Archie is a sweetie! Bx
  • i was the same with potato's, in partic mash....i craved it....and raw parsnips.....im officially strange

hes a sweetie, hes fast on atm on my lap....we didnt get to bed til after 11 last night, he jus wuddnt go to sleep the lil bugger
  • hey,

I craved all things cheesy and milk too, the only thing I wanted and could stomach in the morning for most of the pregnancy was chocolate milk! I really hated wine, I fancied it but hated it! Oh and I went off garlic roulade (prob shouldn't have eaten it anyway) and duck too.......2 of my favourite treats!

Now i'm back to loving wine, will drink milk but dont feel I have to anymore and same with milk, love cheesy things (always have) but dont feel I must stuff my face with wotsits anymore!
  • before having my first child my fav meat was lamb but while pregnant with him i couldn't even handle the smell! Even now i'm not as keen as i use to be.

Weird what pregnancy can do to us. lol

Lisa xxx
  • before having my first child my fav meat was lamb but while pregnant with him i couldn't even handle the smell! Even now i'm not as keen as i use to be.

Weird what pregnancy can do to us. lol

Lisa xxx
  • Im not a big pudding fan,but while pregnant i ate loads of rice puddings(the tesco finest ones you put in oven!!Hmmmmm loved em)now the thought of them does not appeal one bit!!
    Must be the milk thing again
  • I've always loved chocolate, don't think that will ever change lol.

When I was pregnant I couldnt stand the thought or sight of meat, and as for the smell of bacon cooking it made me feel so sick...Then again I am not a big meat eater anyway so I guess thats not so strange! But I did eat the most boring food when I was first pregnant, anything other than beans on toast, toast and butter, or crisps, made me feel really bad....also biscuits made me feel sick even the thought of them...and I LOVE biscuits and anything sweet n sickly.

xxx
  • Hi, when i was pregnant i could not go anywhere near milk it would make me feel really sick. If i ate things with it in such as scrambled egg etc i would get a dodgy stomach and was sometimes sick. Now i still cant have milk on its own, i can just about manage soya milk on cereal etc. Got so bad thought lo would hate milk.....so far we are ok (only 7 weeks old tho) With my other 2 lo's with one all i wanted to eat was potatoes and with the other i HATED tomatoes in anything (being a vegetarian that it a pain as so many veggie dishes in particular when eating out have tomatoes in them!!!) Now that lo LOVES tomatoes!!!!!