Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone with boys ....

Just wondering if anyone has noticed that sometimes their baby boys' scrotum is empty?

I know they were checked at birth and his six week check but at five months they still dissapear completely sometimes! Should I get the HV to check it/

Gail x

Replies

• Options
    its completely normal, apparently. my bab was born with HUGE balls and satyed like that for a while now sometimes they there and sometimes they not. i was worried so asked my nan whos a nurse and she said it normal. x
  • Options
    Haven't got any advice really but thought I would reply as going to HV today about exactly the same thing! Samuel has just had his 6 week check and the Dr said that one 1 was properly in there. She told me to check when he was warm in the bath which I did and still only 1. Am going to clinic today to ask as not sure if this is normal!

Tasha x
  • Options
    Thanks for replies!

Let me know how you get on Tasha! I do know they are both there but sometimes one in particular dissapears for days on end!

Gail x
  • Options
    Well I went to HV who could actually feel both which was a relief. She said it is very common for them to go up and down - particularly if it is cold or hot! Apparently they get checked again at 8 months and then if they are not right a referral would be made. So it sounds like it is fine for that to happen with your little one.
    Tasha x
  • Options
    Hi

Do you watch friends? Chandler said that Janice cld make his balls jump back into his body. lol dh says when its cold his still do the same

ive got 3 boys and notice the same but all is fine xxDBxx
  • Options
    I think it's normal for them to change size depending on the temperature!!!

xx