Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how long do your lo's sleep for?

Max is coming up for 3 weeks now and spends most of the day asleep-he wakes for about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening then only wakes for feeds every 2-3 hours. My worry is that he's SO naggy when he's awake, he just spends the whole hour grizzling until he falls asleep again, he's only contented when he's on the boobie or snoozing! He seems so frustrated-ive been telling hubbie we'd better get him booked in for anger management classes as he's such a grizzler!!xx

Replies

• Ah, Daisy-Mae is the same! She is 7 days old now and literally sleeps the whole time - I am celebrating tonight because I actually managed to wake her up and force 2oz of milk down her before she fell asleep again!!

I have been quite worried about it because I don't think she's getting enough food, but have now decided to chill and see what happens!! She only lost a couple of ounces when she was weighed on Monday so hopefully she'll start to put on soon!

Also, wish I could get her to have her awake time during the day, rather than at night time...

Cxx
  • Ruby is the same wakes about 6 inthemorningforafeedthensleepstill 12 awake for about an hr but crying for most of that then asleep again wakes late afternoon and crys for a good 3 hrs if you try and put her down but i think it is normal in newborns

just wish she slept sowell during the night!!

Mari
  • laila spends most of the time sleeping. she wakes for bout an hour in morn, and the about 1.5 hrs in evening, before she goes to bed. she does sometimes get grizzly but i norm put her in her chair with the music playing and she seems to like this. she is feeding every couple of hours during the day, and goes from 4-6 hrs at night. last night went 7.5 hrs between feeds!!! woo hoo- good night sleep 4 me.... i know some people think its bad to leave newborns for so long at night between feeds, but i make sure i feed her loads before bedtime. and shes putting on weight so i think its ok, wot do u guys think?? xx
  • Aw god and i thought it was just me, yeah Bella will wake at night about 6 then feed then sleep then wake about 9 ish so we wash and try and feed her before 11 but its a struggle to keep her awake, then she'l go up about 10 - 11 pm then she'l wake at like 2 then 5 then 7 and then 9 ish plays and is always in a good mood but then goes back to sleep about 1.5 later and thats it for the day unless she wants food at dinner ????? i hate the getting up in the night loads coz she can be awake for a bit, i thought it was the moses basket at first, so i made the matress softer rather than hard ??? then i thought it was her milk and she was still really hungry, but shes gone from been a complete gannet last week and making herself really sick, to just being normal ???

Lxxxx
  • Aw god and i thought it was just me, yeah Bella will wake at night about 6 then feed then sleep then wake about 9 ish so we wash and try and feed her before 11 but its a struggle to keep her awake, then she'l go up about 10 - 11 pm then she'l wake at like 2 then 5 then 7 and then 9 ish plays and is always in a good mood but then goes back to sleep about 1.5 later and thats it for the day unless she wants food at dinner ????? i hate the getting up in the night loads coz she can be awake for a bit, i thought it was the moses basket at first, so i made the matress softer rather than hard ??? then i thought it was her milk and she was still really hungry, but shes gone from been a complete gannet last week and making herself really sick, to just being normal ???

Lxxxx