Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Please help me not to get excited - update: POAS & BFN :-(

I've been doing pretty well at distracting myself during the 2WW, as it's been a really busy and stressful time. Now AF is due tomorrow. I'm determined not to test today, as I'm feeling a bit emotionally fragile and don't think I could cope with a BFN, and I need someone to help me stop getting my hopes up.

Reasons not to be excited:

My chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25f997) is almost identical to last month's, and I wasn't pregnant then.
FF is giving me 23 pregnancy points, so obviously thinks I'm not pg.
I had a tiny bit of pink/brown spotting when I wiped on Sunday afternoon, and an even tinier bit of brown CM when I wiped yesterday - this is also like last month, when I had four days of spotting before AF showed up.
My temp went down for three days running this week, before coming back up yesterday.

Reasons I can't help being a little bit excited:

All of those low temps were taken before my usual waking up time. A couple of times before, I've woken up in the night to go to the loo and taken my temp in case I couldn't get back to sleep, then taken it again when I've woken up at the normal time, and it's always lower when I take it early. Also, on Saturday night, when it was lowest, I slept really badly and hubby took great delight in telling me I was snoring, so I probably slept with my mouth open - which would also make my temp register lower.
Despite the spotting, I still have loads of creamy CM. By this time last month, it had dried up.
My temp went up again this morning.
I had a cold the week I had AF, and the stuffy nose has never gone away.
My boobs are REALLY sore.
I'm having major mood swings.

I know I could test today and put myself out of my misery, but if AF is going to show up, I think I'd rather give myself one more day of faint hope... Please help me to stay sane for another day or two.

[Modified by: LDOM on 07 April 2009 12:20:43 ]

Replies

• Grrr, just wrote a long reply and BE has eaten it!!

Hi LDOM

Nice to hear from you, I did wonder if you were giving us a miss due to the trying in association saga but I'm pleased you are still here.

Given that AF arrived with me an hour ago, I am feeling in the right mood to dampen your spirits and bring you back down to earth.

As I don't temp I can't really comment but will say that your chart does look the same as long month and you are taking your temp at the right time, so it should be accurate enough.

I had spotting on 9DPO (stupidly thought it could have been implantation) and AF showed up 3 days later. If you normally have spotting then this should be discarded.

Your CM may have dried up in anticipation for AF, which normally happens for me. Not only are sore boobs a PG symptom but of course it's a classic sign of AF too. As for your mood swings, well you are a woman LOL!

I really hope I'm reading your BFP announcement tomorrow, would make my day! I've no idea how you haven't tested before now but well done, keep that willpower going, not long left now. I hope I haven't been too hard on you, wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of one of your moods. Wishing you lots of luck, take care xx
  • Thanks lawso - that's exactly what I needed! So sorry she found you this morning - I hope this next month is your month and you get your new year baby.

My CM dried up last month in anticipation of AF, but at the moment there's still loads of it - one of my reasons to be excited. You're absolutely right, though - my chart is so similar to last month's that I really shouldn't be getting excited.

I am still hacked off about the trying in association saga - especially as it seems that having made their pronouncement in response to my original post the web eds don't even seem to have read any of the subsequent replies. But the reason I haven't been around much is because we finally sold hubby's house (he moved in with me when we got married last year) and only had a week's notice to get everything sorted out. His house was pretty much furnished with books, so last week I took delivery of 8 bookcases from Ikea and put them together, then when the bulk of his books arrived from his house we had to unpack them and get rid of the boxes in super-quick time, as we were looking after my nieces (ages 4, 2 and 10 months) for the weekend and couldn't have boxes everywhere with them around. Plus I've been really busy at work, and we've been having the garden done, so I've had plenty to keep me occupied and temporarily cure me of my BE and POAS addiction...

If I can just get through today, I won't be testing tomorrow morning, as I'm driving my sister and her family to the airport and we need to be there by 8 am. I'll probably be coming on after that to announce that AF has shown up... x
  • Hon
    I'm not one to tell you not to test as you know what i'm doing this month!!! Personally I would say your temps look very similar to last month but tomorrow's will be deciding factor. Last month they dropped but if they stay elevated tomorrow I would say it's a good chance.
    Don't wory about the pregnancy points thing, people get 80 something and are not pregnant so I wouldn't really go with that.
    xxxx
  • Fingers crossed for you tomorrow LDOM.
    On another topic.....8 bookcases?!?!?! Wow!! Thats a lot of books!! He must love reading, or maybe they're for work.
  • Thanks ladies. Posy, he loves buying books - he also has a massive CD collection. In fact, while I was tearing my hair out wondering where we were going to put all this stuff last Tuesday, he was... buying himself two new CDs at HMV. I did slightly lose it at him, and we now have a pact that neither of us will buy any new CDs or books until we've got everything sorted out in this house and know we have space for them (his response to this was, "Do second-hand books count?"). x
  • Morning LDOM,

I went and had a look at your chart before I came on this am and noticed that it looked similar to last months. Have you had any spotting yet today?

I think you're wise to not test, wait and see what tomorrows temp brings.

Sending you buckets of sticky babydust!

S xxx
  • Thanks Sam. No spotting yet today, but it's still early, so I know that means nothing.

How are you doing? Little bean all cosy in there? x
  • Pleased you took my response well, I've been out and was a bit worried I'd been too hard on you, I think it's the way I am feeling today!

8 bookcases, that is a lot of books and space you need, pleased you've come to a compromise though. My, you have been busy, plenty to keep your mind off the 2ww.

Fingers crossed this is your month xx
  • No, you weren't too hard on me at all - it was exactly what I keep trying to tell myself, but I never listen to the voice of reason in my own head!

I should be working now - two more minutes, and then I really will be logging off and getting down to it...! x
  • I'll make sure I keep an eye on your chart chick (like a true chart stalker does!).

I'm fine, but why when you need something sorting is the NHS such a disorganised mess. I know they do a fab job really! Moan over image
  • hi LDOM i looked in on you at the weekend but im guessing you were busy looking after the children like you said

i ofcourse am sitting here with everything crossed for you :\)

my not ttc month has`nt been stress free - id love to say i hav`nt thought about it but i have and have obcessed probably worse than before :roll:

ive decided to bbt again next month just for one month to see when i O according to my temps.....im spotting today right on time for my af!!

im still really hoping you get your BFP ((hug))

ps congrats on your BFP sam :\) one down one to go xx
  • Thanks Katy. Sorry you haven't had a stress-free month - hopefully you'll feel a bit more in control next month with bbt and that'll help you to relax.

Sam, I hope the NHS get their act together soon.

I caved just now and did a test, and of course it was BFN, so that's it for me for another month. I've also just sent a nasty e-mail to hubby - he puts the rubbish out, and of course this week it contains nappies from my two younger nieces. I just looked outside and saw nappies all over the pavement, which makes us look like total chavs, because he can't be bothered to tie the bag up properly. I've mentioned this to him before, and it really irritates me, so I blasted a nasty e-mail off to him straight away - having tidied up the revolting nappies from the pavement. Isn't PMT wonderful...?! x
  • Thanks Katy. Sorry you haven't had a stress-free month - hopefully you'll feel a bit more in control next month with bbt and that'll help you to relax.

Sam, I hope the NHS get their act together soon.

I caved just now and did a test, and of course it was BFN, so that's it for me for another month. I've also just sent a nasty e-mail to hubby - he puts the rubbish out, and of course this week it contains nappies from my two younger nieces. I just looked outside and saw nappies all over the pavement, which makes us look like total chavs, because he can't be bothered to tie the bag up properly. I've mentioned this to him before, and it really irritates me, so I blasted a nasty e-mail off to him straight away - having tidied up the revolting nappies from the pavement. Isn't PMT wonderful...?! x
  • Oh no chick. Hoping it is just too early.
    My sister-in-law sits on her fat chav ar*e all day and leaves her child's dirty nappies on the living room floor for my poor MIL to pick up when she gets in from an 10 hour shift in a chippy!!
    xxx
  • Nice! I'm hoping to try reusables if we ever manage to have a baby. Disposables are very convenient, but they don't half make the bin smell once they've been hanging around in the sun for a couple of days! x
  • Cor yeah, when we went to Center Parcs recently with 2 two year olds the smell really started to build up!! I would like to use reusables too, some councils offer a service where they pick them up and bring you back clean ones. That's all a long way off though!
    x
  • Yes, 10 months or so hopefully! x
  • LDOM, why did you do it. We thought we'd put you off!

I'm sending you a huge ((hug)) and a cup of tea and a whole packet of biscuits.

In a vain effort to try and help what cycle days are you sperminating on? Did you follow the same pattern this month as last? Any news on your acupuncturist?!

Fingers crossed AF won't show tomorrow and you're in for an Easter treat. Plus only a few more days until Lent is over and you can eat as many creme eggs as you like (stock up now!).

S xxx
  • Thanks Sam. I'm halfway through your packet of biscuits already!

We sperminated every day from the end of AF to the day I got OV pains this month (as opposed to every other day from CD 10 to about CD 20 last month). Seeing how regular my cycles are, perhaps next month we'll go for every other day from the end of AF until some time after OV, but every day for about 3 days around OV time.

My acupuncturist has just sent me a huge selection of herbs to take in the next cycle, so as soon as AF shows up I'll start taking them - at least it'll feel like I'm doing something. We'll give the herbs two cycles to work and then go to a fertility clinic.

I had a tiny bit more brown spotting just now, so I think AF is definitely on her way. Oh well, that means there's half a camembert in the fridge that now has my name on it, and hopefully hubby will think to stockpile a few creme eggs for me. x
  • Oh LDOM I'm so sorry you got a BFN and here's me thinking you had so much willpower, don't blame you for testing early though! It's not here yet so hang in there, it could have just been a little early so don't give up hope.

I'm still feeling a bit down, suffering from PMT and blasting DH for no reason at times but he understands thankfully. I have a bottle of wine chilling and am going to treat myself to a glass tonight with a box of Milk Tray.

Take care of yourself xx