Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Why I love my doctor

I saw my doctor this morning and he was really good, really kind and he explained that in a mmc the placenta remains healthy even though the baby had died which is why our bodies don't miscarry, it helped me feel better to know why my body did what it did.

He also said that studies have shown that women are slightly more fertile in the three months after a mc than usual and that we should start ttc again as soon as we felt emotionally ready and no need to wait until first period as loong as bleeding has stopped. He said to book in early with the midwife next time and she will request a scan at around 9/10 weeks to give me peace of mind. I'm so glad I went to see him, its helped no end and I feel that I can draw a line under it all and move on properly.

Hope you are all well
xxx

Replies

• That's great hun. It's good to know you feel you can move on now.

It gives you some hope that the placenta was trying to maintain the pregnancy.

I also heard you are more fertile after a mc. Let's hope it's true.

Hope you get your sticky bfp soon. xx
  • Hi,

Thanks so much for your post. I mc'd at 10 weeks, but the baby had died at 6 weeks. It's really comforting to get some straight forward advice from your Doc. Makes such a difference!

My GP pretty much said the same thing to me too. I have also read that your supposed to be more fertile in the first three cycles after an mc.

Fingers crossed for a BFP soon.

Love,
    Edie xxx
  • Thank god there are some good doctors out there. Shame they can't all be that helpful, all I got was the usual round of "one in five women ya de ya" by that time of course I was completely switched off. I am glad you have had such a good experience xxx
  • Yeah i had the same experience as you socks so its nice to read of supportive doctors...i try to take some comfort in that and the fact that my body really didnt want to let my baby go and it obviously didnt want to leave me either so i hope thats a good sign....that baby was nestled in snuggly and it wasnt a weak cervix or anything that caused it both of which are hopefully positive signs but obviously something else sadly went wrong....i just wish my af would hurry up and reappear!!!

Lx