Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Who are we?

Appologies again as i know this thread has likely been done loads but as i am new here and i have had many welcoming and supportie words from all you lovely ladies i thought we could do a sort of who are we/introduce ourselves (as i am nosey and i also like meeting people....and i cant sleep either lol)

If this thread gets ignored it will disappear soon enough but i thought it would be nice to get to kno each other a little bit so here goes....

NAME: Laura
WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Glasgow
OTHER HALF: Ross (30)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 5 years...first anniversary will be in June!
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? Only since January - got pregnant 1st attempt
ANY CHILDREN: Sadly no just my little angel now
ANY PETS: Yip a dog called Harvey
ANY FEARS: heights a little and it used to be dying but not so much now...losing my hubby and never being a mummy are now my new fears
WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: A suzuki jeep
MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: Peter Kay but he makes me laugh
FAVOURITE COLOUR: Pink
FAVOURITE SONG: Still the one, My girl, Stand by me, unchained melody..i have a long list lol
FAVOURITE MOVIE: The 'usual' dirty dancing, ghost, my girl, pretty woman also loved Wedding Crashers
FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Vince Vaughn cause he's hilarious and Matt Damon cause he's hot

It is very random and nosey i know but there you go thats all about me...pleased to meet you all lol!

:roll:

lX

Replies

• Lauz41, Hello chick. Good idea, I promise I will do when I get back home...am sadly running out of time this morning and seriously need to get off the computer and get ready for work asap!!

Laters taters xxxx
  • I think this is a great idea and I am sorry I wasn't here when you posted but here is mine.

Name: Megan

Where am I from: Tasmania, Australia

Other half: Rob (26)

How long together: 10 years

Number of miscarriages: 3, 2 before my first child was born and one last Sunday.

Number of children (who made it thankgod): 2, Emily (6) and Elijah (4)

Any pets: My dog Poppy

Any fears: Heights

What do you drive: I don't drive, don;t actually need to live really close to everything I need.

Favourite colour: Pink and blue

Favourite song: I really like Pink and Sarah McLauchlan so anything by them.

Favourite movie: Anything funny

Favourite actor or actress: Angelina Jolie I think she is so attractive and cool.

• Hi Lauz

It's great to get to know a bit about everyone! Here goes...

NAME: Natasha
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Mid Wales
    OTHER HALF: Mike (also 25)
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 10 years in June - we were childhood sweethearts! Married for almost 10 months
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? Since last April with 3 mc's along the way
    ANY CHILDREN: 3 angel babies and we are determined to keep going till we get a 'take-home' baby
    ANY PETS: 2 whippets called Chloe and Jake
    ANY FEARS: Emetophobia (fear of vomiting - not great for morning sickness!)
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: Spirito de Punto!
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: ?
    FAVOURITE SONG: Lots of different ones but 'Moon River' is definitely one and was our first dance song. Also 'Pretty Amazing Grace' by Neil Diamond (I'm a secret fan!)
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: Most Rom Coms!
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Will Farrell, Sandra Bullock, Kevin James....too many to list!

xxx
  • Bit worried someone will know me-if you do, don't let on, i like BE to be my secret!!

NAME: Jessica (Jess)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Northants
    OTHER HALF: Liz (34)
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 6yrs this Feb, married 2yrs last Sept
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? Since Jan-very lucky, conceived on 2nd cycle
    ANY CHILDREN: One DD (17mnths)-my partner was PG that time!
    ANY PETS: 4 cats and a goldfish
    ANY FEARS: I'm quite brave but scared of not getting PG again
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: VW Passat and Ford Focus-depends what i'm doing or what mood i'm in!!
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: Phil Spencer from Location, Location
    FAVOURITE COLOUR: Green at the moment but i'm quite fickle!
    FAVOURITE SONG: You Do Something to Me-Paul Weller
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: Anything from my childhood-The Goonies, Short Circuit, harlie and the Chocolate Factory
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Julie Walters??

xXx
  • NAME: Gemma
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Norfolk
    PROFESSION: Primary Teacher
    OTHER HALF: Jonny (although I hate that and call him J!) (27) - A chef
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 10 years in April - married 1 year in August
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? Since August 08
    ANY CHILDREN: 1 m/c - although very tentatively pg with no. 2
    ANY PETS: 2 cats - Boots and Ramsay and fish
    ANY FEARS: Spiders (lol)
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: My beloved Renault Clio
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: Bruce Willis (can't believe I admitted to that!)
    FAVOURITE COLOUR: Blue
    FAVOURITE SONG: Westlife - 'Swear It Again' - Means a lot to us
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: Crazy/Beautiful, Armageddon
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Kirsten Dunst and Drew Barrymore and im sure there are more!

That's me!!
  • NAME: louise (sometimes 'dirt bag' - by OH!)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    PROFESSION: Dogs body, ok I type up surveys all day long, but am in estate agency world - don't hate me!
    OTHER HALF: Nicky Noo Noos, ok its just Nick but that what I call him, lol
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 6 years this Feb, got married last Sep in Florence, was amazing and beautiful, still makes me shiver with excitment heheh
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? Seriously since Jan 09, and fell 1st cycle, was lucky at that point.
    ANY CHILDREN: Nope, but am keeping everything crossed for one next year.
    ANY PETS: 2 cats - Marvin and Tilly
    ANY FEARS: Being without my OH and never having babies.
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: A shit mobile, ok a run down (more like abused) Citroen C3 which smells like something died in it..perhaps smething has, yuck best check it out!!
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH:Girls there really is something about Phill Spencer, I mean you would wouldn't you?!! Lucky cow that Alsop!!l (Did u see the one where he got out the bath?!) Although if we're talking oldies lol, (Gemmiebaby!) then Harrison Ford in his prime, or Mr Sean Connery, now I feel dirrrrty.
    FAVOURITE COLOUR: I like that vibrant turquoise, teal is it? I wear that colour a lot and purple hmm dunno which one I prefer?
    FAVOURITE SONG: Crikey, erm I like quite depressing thinky music, Like Adeles Hometown Glory, and Beyonce's Halo at the moment, but all time fav might be Diana Ross and Love Child??? On the sly I love a bit of Neil too (Diamond that is lol).
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: Erm there are a few, can't give a straight answer can I? Steel Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes at The Whistle Stop Cafe, Somethings Gotta Give - there is something I really like about Diane Keaton?? Oh thats for below.
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: However a bit of Clive Owen is ok with me, Meryl Streep is good and oh there are so many more....

I can't shut the feck up tonight, grrrr sorry. xx
  • NAME: Emma
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: south east london
    OTHER HALF: tony (37)
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 7 years...married for 6
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? since xmas
    ANY CHILDREN: zack, 13 and bayley 5 (zack has a different dad)
    ANY PETS: had a rabbit called princess who died a month ago
    ANY FEARS: being alone
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: megane scenic
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: gosh loads, will ferrell, justin lee collins, and the lush anton du beke to name but a few
    FAVOURITE SONG: i have far too many. depends what my mood is
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: elf, caberet again, depends on my mood
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: marilyn monroe,
  • Oh i like this and it only took me 20mins to learn how to cut and paste so am very pleased with myself!!
    NAME: Rena (um this is a short way of saying my name and it was made up by my little sister and has kinda stuck )
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Hertfordshire
    OTHER HALF: Tim
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: nearly four years! but together for 12!!!!
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? As they say in fairy tales A Long Time........
    ANY CHILDREN: No just a very special little furry baby who snores like a steam train!
    ANY PETS: The furry baby but he thinks he is human so we just go along with it!
    ANY FEARS: being eaten by a shark
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: a wicked mini
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: Um, Ceasar (the dog whisperer not the emperor)
    FAVOURITE COLOUR: Green (though everybody thinks it is pink )
    FAVOURITE SONG: *very embarrassed* Garth Brooks Standing Outside the fire
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: Jaws, Jaws 2, Jaws 3d, Jaws The revenge, Deep Blue Sea ( you might see the pattern now)
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Will Ferrell and Drew Barrymore
  • I think this is a great idea!

NAME: Faye
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Cardiff but live in Pontypool now
    OTHER HALF: Kevin (33)
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 18 months - we got engaged last year and will be married in 2010
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? Properly since Jan this year and have just had 2nd mc - was pg by accident last Sept but mc at 10 weeks - made us realise just how much we want to be a family with a bub
    ANY CHILDREN: No
    ANY PETS: No although very nearly had a hamster for my last birthday until i cried and ended up with shoes!!
    ANY FEARS: anyone in my family being hurt
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: renault clio
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: that Heston guy who cooks food on c4
    FAVOURITE COLOUR: pink but i also like teal - think that'll be the colour of my bridesmaids dresses
    FAVOURITE SONG: haven't got a favourite - i'm fickle and like whatever is around at the time - i do love take that though
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: comedies but i do like a horror!
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: jennifer anniston - esp in marley and me!
  • Yaaayyy some replies....pleased to 'meet' u all *waves* lol :lol:

Lx
  • Just realising here that they say that the highest chance of miscarriage is in your 30's but most of us here are in our twenties. Statistics are full off shizer.
  • I dont really believe the statistics! Its the fact that MMC is only meant to affect 1% of pregnancies apparantly that really gets me...given how many of us have gone through it so clearly it must be more than that and i also think the 1 in 4 for MC may be a slight underestmation 2 else we all wouldnt be here would be....

:\?

Lx

[Modified by: Lauz41 on April 01, 2009 06:18 PM]

• The Drs always say that the statistics aren't very accurate because a lot of the time people have very early mc's and didn't even know they were pregnant - they just think it's a late, heavy period! Also, some people don't go to their doctor or EPU.

At the Recurrent MC Clinic on Friday the Consultant said that the official statistics say that 1% of couples have recurrent mc's but that the % of people they see there for this problem is a lot higher.

Love NN xxx
  • You know it has amazed me how many people go through this. The hospital I was in said they have about 3 a day in there of people having eptopic, MMC etc. Also I found out that a girl at work had a MC the week before me and we were going to be a due date apart, how freaky is that, what are the chances? Then my other friend found out she was pg the week before my scan and she was 6 weeks had a MC last weekend, I feel like I'm surrounded by it which is just unbelieveable, I mean whats in the water at the moment??? It makes me sad that so many of us have to suffer through this. Boo hoo.

Anyway just thought I'd add. xxx
  • Just thought i would bump this up...dont have to add if you dont want to...

Lx
  • Thought I would add my two pennies worth!

NAME: Kate
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Devon
    OTHER HALF: Husband
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 10 years, married for 2
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? Since January - pg 2nd cycle but MMC in April
    ANY CHILDREN: Neve 15 months
    ANY PETS: no
    ANY FEARS: Being Burgled, flying insects
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: Ford Focus
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: Hugh Laurie in House
    FAVOURITE COLOUR: Green
    FAVOURITE SONG: Read my mind - Killers, Ain't nobody - Chaka Khan, Paris is Burning - Ladyhawke, Anything my Mylo.
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: Little Miss Sunshine, Fame
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Matt Damon, Alan Rickman

[Modified by: Lottie+Neve on April 24, 2009 04:19 PM]

• This is a nice idea...

NAME: Becky
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Shropshire
    OTHER HALF: Steve (36)
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 8 years - married in Sept 2006
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? About 9 months
    ANY CHILDREN: No
    ANY PETS: No - well, a goldfish but that's more like an ornament than a pet!
    ANY FEARS: Only having another miscarriage - oh and dogs.
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: VW Golf
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: JK (Jamiroquai) - Is that sahmeful?!
    FAVOURITE COLOUR: Blue
    FAVOURITE SONG: Fix you - Coldplay (although it makes me cry!)
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: Point Break - or anything like Bridget Jones, My best friends wedding, Sliding doors etc if in a girly mood!
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Morgan Freeman - never made a bad film!
  • Lol I like the goldfish comment rhr79!
  • HI im new here!

NAME: Hannah
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Bristol
    OTHER HALF: Terry
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER: 3 1/2 years married september 2007
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TTC? since april 08
    ANY CHILDREN: Edward whos 2 and had ectopic in jan 09
    ANY PETS: fluffy cat called olly and jasper the snake
    ANY FEARS: not being able to have any more children and something happening to my family
    WHAT DO YOU DRIVE: a pushchair
    MOST SHAMEFUL CRUSH: Gene Hunt from life on mars
    FAVOURITE SONG: not sure something loud and heavy
    FAVOURITE MOVIE: TWILIGHT
    FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Adam Sandler, he always seems so sweet