Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Wedding

Sorry not baby related!
I've been thinking lately about my wedding. We got engaged last year and I would like to get married next year but I don't have a clue where to start as I don't want a big wedding what so ever! I would like to get married, go with immediate family and have lunch and a wee reception at night but I don't know where to start looking as when I have a wee look on the internet most places seem to be talking bout a big wedding.

Just wondering if any of you ladies had any advise or tips!

Thanks
Stephanie

Replies

• Hi!

Thanks for replying!

I've emailed a couple of local places today so hopefully I'll have it all sorted soon!

Stephanie
  • Hi Stephanie, im not married or engaged but just wanted to wish you all the best and hope you have a wonderful day when it comes.
    xx
  • Hey Stephanie, why not just google "wedding venues in ...'x'" to have a rough idea of whats around that will already cater for weddings etc.

I don't want a massive wedding now (the childhood dream has been crushed by the credit crunch lol) so we're looking into just having a local place to hire out (like a village hall or something) or having it in my parents garden with a markee.

Then you need to draw up your guest list. Other than that its just the little things as and when you decide!

Apologies for sounding so anal about things, but being the control freak i am, i had a FOLDER of ideas for Harry's Dedication and Have a folder of ideas starting to form for my wedding! Lol

xxx
  • Hi!

Thanks for all your replies! Was tallking weddings to oh last night and we googled for ideas last night and I think we are starting to get somewhere - albeit rather slowly!

WIll let you know how I get on!

Thanks
    Stephanie
  • Try the BE sister site, You and Your Wedding.

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/