Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

What do you cut out during IVF?

i HAVE DONE THE NORMAL CAFFINE ETC IS THEIR ANYTHING THAT YOU CUT OUT THAT I MAY NOT HAVE THOUGHT OFF?

Replies

• I dont think there is anything you HAVE to do but I cut down caffiene to one cup a day and switched to decaff for the rest.

During stim phase they will really emphasise that you need to drink loads of water

This time for example I have given up alcohol for a month prior to predicted embryo transfer.

Now am sure this is not necessary but if it fails or we have another miscarriage then at least I wont blame myself. This is just presonal paranoia really. I really love wine so it is proving hard. Particularly at a wedding this weekend!

Also have been taking the prenatal vitamins for about a month folic acid plus a load of other goodies

XX
  • I just went about life as usual. I did go on a few nights out & did have a few drinks. I would suggest trying to be as normal as possible & don't stree yourself out too much! Also DO drink plenty water.
    Positive thoughts!!! Good luck x
  • I was told lots of water, I stopped drinking alcohol, also cut down before starting drugs, and only drank decaf coffee, took prenatal vitamins,I also did a liver detox for 5 days before hand as recommended in Zita Wests book. I also had acupuncture. Good Luck xxx
  • Thank you all i think i have done everything you have said so fingers crossed