Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

16 months old meal ideas

My 16 month old is eating more and more different types of food and im struggeling to keep up. Im a veggie but want him to eat as much meat and have as much varied diet as possible.

At the minute hes addicted to baby carrots and fish fingers. Has anyone got any quick and easy recipes please.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Make up a bolognaise mix and divide it into rammekins for the freezer it can then be added to potato or pasta or a lasgna mix
    I just cook beef mince with onion n mushroom and jar of ragu

Shep pie is fantastic too. Beef, carrots, peppers, stock cooked n covered with mash pot n cheese (could add peas)

Cook sausage, bacon, onion, add chopp toms (purreed) n parsley simmer 30mins (add stock if want) best mixed with pasta but again works with potato for lo and frozen in portions

I love these just because they're very freezer friendly and can be adapted as you feel like it

Beans on toast and scrambled eggs are good as is soup

Roast dinner , all your veg with a bit of meat n gravy thrown in

Errrrrr will try and think of more for you later
  • Options
    Make up a bolognaise mix and divide it into rammekins for the freezer it can then be added to potato or pasta or a lasgna mix
    I just cook beef mince with onion n mushroom and jar of ragu

Shep pie is fantastic too. Beef, carrots, peppers, stock cooked n covered with mash pot n cheese (could add peas)

Cook sausage, bacon, onion, add chopp toms (purreed) n parsley simmer 30mins (add stock if want) best mixed with pasta but again works with potato for lo and frozen in portions

I love these just because they're very freezer friendly and can be adapted as you feel like it

Beans on toast and scrambled eggs are good as is soup

Roast dinner , all your veg with a bit of meat n gravy thrown in

Errrrrr will try and think of more for you later
  • Options
    Hello there, my lo (15mths) has mostly the same as us but loves the following:

Loves all veg (given with most dinners)
    Fish fingers
    Veggie Fingers
    Tinned Mackerel in spicy sauce - loves
    Bakes SalmonFish Pie
    Cottage Pie
    Baked Potato with beans and cheese or Tuna
    Pizza fingers and cheese on toast
    Pasta with tomato or pesto sauce
    Mashed Egg in a cup - favourite with toast
    Poached or Scrambled Egg on toast
    Steak pie or roast dinner on a Sunday
    I also buy the organic meals for 1-3 years olds and although a bit messy as she wants to feed herself munches most.
    For snacks along with fruit my lo loves Soreen Malt Loaf and Hum Zingers (100% fruit snack)
    Hope that helps x