Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Opinions on baby names please!

We're having a few problems deciding on baby names at the moment!

We have narrowed it down to a few but hubby is not so sure on some of them and others he loves! I love them all so opinions are appreciated!

Lottie Emily Rose,
Lucy Emily Rose,
Amelia Emily Rose,
Tilly Emily Rose
Matilda Emily Rose (hubby really doesn't like this!)

(Notice the Emily Rose middle name part! I'm not sure how well it goes but we're pretty keen to use it!

xx

Replies

• Apart from Amelia Emily Rose I like them all - that one just sounds all a bit too the same - the Amelia and Emily bit but I love the name Amelia (was one of our girl choices) so there we go!

But it is your choice really (oh and I suppose hubby!!!) :lol:
  • yes that's the problem it doesn't really go, we might change it to Ameila Lucy Rose! Although it is really similar to my name so may just have to scrap that one!

xx
  • Actually I quite like just Emily Rose, but I know someone with that name who caused hassle for me so woudlnt' use it.

I like Lucy and Amelia, actually Amelia Lucy Rose is nice image If we had a girl we'd use Rose as part of her name I think.

Not so keen on Tilly or Lottie though - they don't sound right as full on names, more as nicknames if htat makes sense
  • I really like Matilda Emily Rose (sorry to your hubby!)
    Also, Lottie Emily Rose,
    I love Tilly and Amelia but not sure of the middle names and how well they go with those image x
  • Firstly, what's your surname intial?? I'm a real one for noticing dodgy words made up from initials!
    I like Lottie, Lucy and Matilda (shortened to Tilly too?!) but think Tilly Emily like Amelia Emily are a bit hard to say iykwim??
    Amelia Lucy is better on the tongue, but I think it's lovely you're using your name as los middle name. No way would I use mine as it's just not a baby name!
    Happy deciding (aka telling hubby what you want to call her lol) x
  • It's P - didn't think about checking that!

Thanks for replies!!

Yes I think that Tilly Emily and Amelia Emily are a bit of a mouthful too!

Good that other people are pointing it out cos I kind of convince myself it's not that bad!

Yeah I want to use my name as I don't like my middle names and we used hubby's for Henry, but I think if it's hidden away as a middle name it doesn't matter if it's not that baby friendly!!!!

I think Lottie is my fave at the moment, it helps that it's not that popluar too!! (according to baby names register!)

xx
  • I love amelia and would prob have it on my own list lol and emily rose is good too, is there a reaon you want 2 middle names if you're worried about mixes .

I think lottie is lovely too but is it short for a longer name because maybe you could name her the longer name but always call her lottie image

Oooh very exciting I'm sure whatever you choose will suit her beautifully
  • Amelia seems very popular, it is really pretty - I'm just worried it's too popular now!!

I want 2 names as Henry has 2 and so do I, plus Rose goes with anything and I love it but oh wont have it as a first name! And I want to use my name too - it is a bit silly to be so set on the middle names before the first name I know!

Well I like Charlotte but oh (again!) doesn't as it reminds him of 2 girls who were horrible at school :roll:

I normally like proper names but I don't think we'd ever call her charlotte so seems pointless having it!? Esp as oh doesn't like it!

What does everyone think about Madelaine? This was our favourite name when pg with Henry but I'm not sure about using it now......

xxx

[Modified by: EmilyandHenry on May 21, 2009 12:07 PM]

• Haven't heard of many amelias tbh but you could always go over to baby and take a survey count up LOL

Nothing wrong with picking middle names first.

Personally I'm not too kern on madelaine but I can see it can be nice. I wonder whether it would spark up unwanted conversations though ( may be me being daft!)

I'm sure you'll know when you see her, how long now?
  • I htink Madeline is a GREAT name and I would have no worries about using it!!!
  • My friend had a little girl today and has called her Martha Grace, which I think is cute!
    Madeleine's lovely and you shouldn't feel funny for using it x
  • No I haven't heard that many amelia's but it's number 9 on bounty!!

That's what I was worried about, it's a sensitive subject still but I don't suppose it will be forever?

Martha is cute and I love Grace too!

I think the problem is that there are so many lovely girls names - it's hard to choose just one! (well three!!)

w4b I'm 21 weeks today! how far are you do you know for sure? Will you find out sex too?!

xx

[Modified by: EmilyandHenry on May 22, 2009 07:07 AM]

• Shame Henry's not a bit older, he could've chosen it for you like Charlie did for us with Gracie!
    He would've been Ella and Alfie either Annie, Katie or Rosie. We love Maggie too and if we ever accidently had another and it happened to be a girl, I think Maggie would win!
  • I agree boys names it's hard to find ones you like and girls names it's hard to find one you don't image

21 weeks, have you had the 2nd scan yet, I can't believe how much they change between the 2. Awwww bet you can't wait. I am still in the really early days and only mentioned it as been on the pregnancy forum but I think I'm around 5weeks so still very nervous about it, unfortunately I was lazy about noting down af so won't know exactly til scanned and not even seeing mw until 8 June.
  • He did well to choose such a nice name - If I asked Henry he would say"BUM"!! Such a shame his favourite program is Brum - he sounds like such a rude child!

Yes we had the 20 week scan last Friday, they look properly formed by then! Just small! I was really nervous to start with as I found out straight away as we were trying the first weeks are the hardest I think! You don't look pregnant and feel rubbish! Although I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone - you'll have a huge bump before you know it!

xx
  • Lol! Funny henry. My cousin wanted to name her baby brother 'ribena baby' lol
  • Ali well done charlie for choosing such a lovely name. My cousins little boy (he's 3) name suggestions for her bump are Sam or Elvis (he's fireman sam obsessed).
  • lol, Ribena baby!!
    Becci - my hubbies nickname from school is Elvis, don't know why as I don't think he looks anything like him!

I like the name Lottie, Rose is lovely too it is a shame your hubby won't have it as a first name! If ours was a girl we were going to call her Sophia (probably!!) and I also had Neve on my list but hubby wasn't as keen and we weren't sure if the Norwegians would pronounce it properly.

We have decided on Jacob but still keep changing our minds about his middle name! We though we had definately decided on Zachariah but now aren't sure! So it could be Jacob Sebastian,Jacob Johan, or something completely new that suddenly hits us when we see him lol!! xx
  • well i love all the names - but i agree with others about some being a bit mouthful but then when do you really say all names - hardly ever! i'm charlotte and hubbie sometimes calls me lottie and when i was little little i got it aswell!

i know it's soon as only about 13 weeks but been looking at names as theres loads of lovely girls names but cant find any boys i like - so any suggestions..................................

• well i love all the names - but i agree with others about some being a bit mouthful but then when do you really say all names - hardly ever! i'm charlotte and hubbie sometimes calls me lottie and when i was little little i got it aswell!

i know it's soon as only about 13 weeks but been looking at names as theres loads of lovely girls names but cant find any boys i like - so any suggestions..................................