Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

One year old on formula milk or cow's milk??

Hi I'm really hoping someone will be able to help us,my daughter is one on Friday and I just don't know what to do with her milk. Health visitors are saying cow's milk but then I also have to give her vitamin drops plus she's not really wanting 20oz milk where as i've been looking at the 1yr cow and gate milk where they just have 2 small cups and has everything in with it? I just don't know.

If theres any other mums out there with one year olds I'd really appreciate hearing what you've decided to do

Many thanks
Vicki

Replies

• As soon as Kenny was 1 we switched to cows milk and he didnt really notice the difference. I used to warm it a little at first but soon he was drinking it straight from the fridge.

At 18 months he has 2 cups of milk a day and milk in his cereal. He probably doesnt drink enough milk so he eats loads of dairy products. He drinks smoothies, water or weak squash.

Kenny was 7 weeks prem and he also took vitamins and I used to put it in his milk. I stopped giving him these at 9 months as his doc said he didnt need them anymore.

Kenny's weight has been fine and its a lot less faffing about. No more forgetting how many scoops of powder youv put in!! Or was that just me?
  • Hi there,

Thanks very much for your advice but my daughter didn't take to cows milk she wouldn't drink it lol so we've put her on the cow and gate 1yr+ and she loves it image

Thank you though image much appreciated!