Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

Breast pumps. Electric really worth the higher price?

Hi Girls/Ladies

as the heading says really. I need to buy a pump as I want to express so that my other half can help with the feeding ones a day or so (so I don't need to express for all feeds).

This is my first little one and I find the info confusing. Is it really easier with electric (I'm all for easy!!)? Is it worth the extra money to go electric? They are quite a bit more. And would you consider buying a second hand one (like off ebay) to help with the money side? Or can that be dangerous (healthwise) somehow?

Anyone got any experience of pumps?

Replies

• my electric one so much quicker and easier than the manual one - tommee tippe C TN was the best manual one I tried, just jumped right in with the medula swing electric one - and OMG I can express so much more - so much easier on the hands!

I am EBM on all feeds and topping up with FF - as we had issues latching - I would say if your not expressing that often a manual would be fine ( the tommee tippe one is a tenner at asda at the mo and comes with microwave steriliser

... I brought my pump new it was 88 pounds in boots - however I have since looked on ebay as I didnt consider to look first time as I have debated getting a second so I can pump both breasts at once x
  • Hello, I used an electric pump in the hospital and found it very effective. You can hire them from local breastfeeding groups at a very low cost for a long period of time.

I hope this helps.

• I only used an electric one and it was great. Think it was around ??50 in boots. I could carry on dealing with my toddler while expressing.

Def recommend them

Gemm x
  • I only used an electric one and it was great. Think it was around ??50 in boots. I could carry on dealing with my toddler while expressing.

Def recommend them

Gemm x