Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

iCandy apple?

I went to look at the bugaboo cameleon in John Lewis today and both hubby and i fell in love with the iCandy apple!!!

Trying to work out what is a good price for it. Looking at the standard one with a carrycot but also interested in the black special edition.

The special edition from the local baby store is ??799.99 which seems a bit steep. The standard one plus carrycot from John Lewis is ??556 including car seat adapters and raincovers. Does this seem like a good price?

If anyone has any positives/negatives on the iCandy i'd be pleased to hear them too. Only negative i have seen so far is some people have difficulty with the folding but both hubby and i had no problem with the one in the shop so that's not an isssue.

Thanks for your help girls, need to decide soon so i can cancel the bugaboo bee i have already ordered!!!

Katstar

27 weeks today!

Replies

• hi i had the apple icandy for my daughter and i loved it i didnt find it hard to put down at all iv still gt the pushchair now and my daughter is 2 and half! its a brill pushchair and had no problems with it

hope it helps
  • Hi Katstar

We have the iCandy Apple and love it - and ??599 is a fabulous price, my parents bought ours for us but i am sure we paid quite a bit more than that and only bought it recently - in terms of the folding down we have had no problems and i actually think it is really easy to fold. It's also really compact as i have a 206cc - which has hardly any boot space but i manage to get both the frame and carry cot (as it folds down aswell) in, still with space for shopping bags!!!!

Would highly recommend iCandy Apple - if your midlands based let me know and i will sort out the details of where we got ours as it was a large 'baby barn' and they were extremely helpful - we got a full demo and even put it in the boot to make sure we were happy with the fit.

I originally wanted the Bee, but after seeing the two together was sold on the iCandy - plus it is not as popular as the Bugaboo, which is quite nice

Donna
  • I know someone who can get the icandy apple for half the price brand new. If you want her details email me. I got my icandy pear off her for ??350 (they are ??519 in the shops)

• I would recommend the ICandy Apple - I have the jogger version - paid 400 GBP last month just for pushchair- my baby is already 5 months old so don't need a carrycot and already have a car seat but am now very tempted to get a maxi-cosi car seat so i can clip it on. ICandy don't do distance selling so you can only buy direct from their stockists by going into the shops- good side is you can't get ripped off (I'm still waiting for cash back from credit card company after ordering stuff from Two Left Feet)

Have a think about what you need your pushchair for - if you're going to be on and off buses it might not be for you as it doesn't fold down in one - but if you're in the car and/or walking a lot it's fab! The storage basket is great too!
  • Katstar, did you buy an icandy? I've also been looking at the cameleon today (and the gecko) but havent seen an icandy. Just been reading about them now though.

Anybody know what the main difference between the apple and the cherry? They look like they do pretty much the same thing but the cherry is lighter...?
  • We ordered the iCandy Apple special edition about 6wks ago and are collecting it tomorrow and we cant wait!!!! They are quite expensive but well worth it-they look and feel great. We were a bit worried as to weather we splashed out a bit too much but as we still look at other prams and take them for testdrives in the shop we are more than happy with our choice-i fall in love with it everytime i see it-which isnt that often as they are quite uncommon unlike the quinny!!!!!
    My main piece of advice is to shop around-we found the phone numbers of all the stockists on the internet and spent about a week phoning round them all to get the best price as most of them price match-we ended up paying ??720 for the special edition and that included a maxi cosi car seat!!!
    Good luck!!!!image
  • hi,samio82
    me and my partner have been looking at the icandy apple special addition and have fallen in love with it,you seem to have found it for a very low price including the car seat just wondered if you could let me know where you have bought it from please.

many thanks ???????
  • Hi there we have also gone with the icandy special eddition in the black and find it is worth that little extra we shopped around and did a bit of bartering and found Lesters Nursery World in Manchester was the cheapest by far we paid ??680 including the maxi cosy cabrio fix car seat thrown in with the price. Lesters are brilliant to deal with and price match most of their items storing your pram until you need it and the added bonus was we only had to put 10% deposit on it to hold the price. On a finalnote as we live relatavely near by we collected but on their website they advertise free delivery on everything over ??100. Do hope this was of interest to you

Good Luck with everything
  • Hi Katstart,

I hope you don't mind me asking. Myself and my husband also love the Icandy apple, we have been checking prices form various stores in and around Glasgow. The best we can get is around ??648 including a free changing bag but did not include a car seat. Can you tell my which John Lewis you got that price from? John Lewis in Glasgow were more expensive than the price you have been quoted.

• We have fallen in love with the Icandy Special Edition in black after recently seeing it at the Baby Show in Birmingham last week.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with this system or would they recommend it, I only seem to be reading good things about it.

Can anyone recommend a retailer in the south as I am based in Hampshire, that has this system ata bargain price. We have been looking around various websites and would be very grateful if anyone can recommend where we can purchase this item at a discounted price. I also wouldn't mind travelling if the price is right!!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Veronlc
  • Just thought id let you know we recently bought the icandy apple. We searched the local stockists for a good price for the pushchair, carry cot, raincovers and adaptors for car seat and ended up paying ??589 i think. We found the same price in all our local stores and found out from the shop we eventually bought from that i candy are very protective of their product. Apparently they are really strong on their stockists selling for the same prices, so even if you searched all the stockists, they aren't supposed to sell at a cheaper price than their competitor. I dont know how 100% true that is, but everywhere we went it was the same price. As for the car seat etc, that is where you might be able to get a good deal, as its the maxi cosi which is a different manufacturer, there not so bothered about keeping prices the same!

I could be wrong and you may get a cheaper price, but we searched and ouldnt find it cheaper. xx
  • We are also looking at the iCandy. We think it is much more appealing than the Bugaboo that everyman and his dog seems to be pushing around!

Has anyone bought the iCandy/ looking to buy it to convert it for 2 kids when another comes along? We are a bit confused. I know it can convert/upgrade to the Pear system that caters for 2 children but all the demos seem to be for 2 children of the same age (ie twins). What we want is for one newborn and say one 18mt/2yo. Im under the impression that iCandy make you buy 2 child seats as well when you want to upgrade (for the older child), again assuming you have twins. But we would only want to buy 1 extra seat.

We want to avoid having to have 2 separate prams down the track but it just seems so difficult. Or is it just me? Im yet to find someone who can demonstrate it properly and give us the answers that we are looking for (including John Lewis!) :x
  • I know someone who can get the icandy apple for half the price brand new. If you want her details email me. I got my icandy pear off her for ??350 (they are ??519 in the shops)

x

can you get the new edition one?

x

Hi

Could she also get the pear half price?

Does anyone know or has anyone tried to put the apple seat on the pear chasis forward facing as a single pushchair - apparently the pear seat will only face backwards as a single pushchair ( I didn't think to ask in the shop, I had already asked so many questions!)

Thanks
    TL
  • hi!
    I am desperate for an icandy pear and saw your message!
  • Hi jrawson i am really interested in the icandy apple where can i get it half price? Would really appreciate any help.
  • I also fell in love with the Icandy Apple special edition this weekend, not bought it as he wanted ??895 for it (not inc Maxi Seat) so thought I would shop around. Going to try Lesters Nursery World thanks GG1 probably saved me hours of calling. If anyone has found it anywhere cheaper with the carseat please let me know.
  • We ordered the iCandy Apple special edition about 6wks ago and are collecting it tomorrow and we cant wait!!!! They are quite expensive but well worth it-they look and feel great. We were a bit worried as to weather we splashed out a bit too much but as we still look at other prams and take them for testdrives in the shop we are more than happy with our choice-i fall in love with it everytime i see it-which isnt that often as they are quite uncommon unlike the quinny!!!!!
    My main piece of advice is to shop around-we found the phone numbers of all the stockists on the internet and spent about a week phoning round them all to get the best price as most of them price match-we ended up paying ??720 for the special edition and that included a maxi cosi car seat!!!
    Good luck!!!!image

hi, i am wanting this one and in the shop i went in its ??850. can you please tell the place you got it from, it willsave me quite abit. thank you.
  • hi,samio82
    me and my partner have been looking at the icandy apple special addition and have fallen in love with it,you seem to have found it for a very low price including the car seat just wondered if you could let me know where you have bought it from please.

many thanks ???????

hi, just wondering if you found out, i am wanting this one too and the price i have found it for is ??850. if you could let me know if you have please that would be great. thanks, Amy

x

can you get the new edition one?

hi, i dont know how to find your email addy, i am new to this site, i am interested in the icandy apple, can you please send me her details my email is xamyalbx@hotmail.co.uk. thank you