Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

o/t I feel so RUBBISH 2nite!! :(

Hey ladies, well my little boy is in bed and my oh is napping so Im all alone and feeling poo! I quit smoking at 9am yesterday with the help of patches and the doctor and have been feeling great up until now :roll: on top of this damn depression! Iv got hypnotherapy next tue to see if that will help. Going to see a psychologist but not til august (bloody nhs eh) On top of this Sam still isnt eating properly and its stressing me out so much!!!! :x My instinct is to feed him etc and when hes not eating it just makes me feel like the world crappest mum! Its just a phase hes going through (a long one at that, its been going on for months!) me and hv are out of ideas so just gotta let him get on with it, hes now taking baby vitamins cus Im worried about him being healthy etc but hes not losing weight so I guess thats a good sign. He is also now OBSESSED with going outside and from the moment he wakes up he is pointing to the front door and if I dont take him outside he has a tantrum, its a big vicious daily circle! & when I do take him outside I cant get him back inside without a screaming match! EVERY day imageops: Sorry for the rant ladies, just feels like everything isnt right just now and needed to vent! Id like a nice simple happy life with no depression or tantrums but oh well a girl can dream cant she :lol:

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/yusrp9xz2ezswm3b.png

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wwZ0T1y/weight.png

[Modified by: *Emilie and Sam* on 20 June 2009 21:39:46 ]

[Modified by: *Emilie and Sam* on 20 June 2009 21:45:20 ]

Replies

• Bless you! Well done for stopping smoking - it must be really difficult and I hope you succeed.
    As for Sams eating, if he isn't losing weight then try not to worry too much - I know it's hard but just feed him at his normal meal times and if he doesn't eat - then leave him till the next (maybe offer a snack inbetween if you're really worried) then just try again. He won't starve himself so try not to pander to him too much.
    My little girl is exactly the same, loves being outside and from the minute she wakes she just wants to be outside - only problem is, if I don't take her, she lets herself out the dog flap!!! At least if they're outside they're burning off energy!
    I hope everything works out ok for you honey!
    xxx
  • Bless you! Well done for stopping smoking - it must be really difficult and I hope you succeed.
    As for Sams eating, if he isn't losing weight then try not to worry too much - I know it's hard but just feed him at his normal meal times and if he doesn't eat - then leave him till the next (maybe offer a snack inbetween if you're really worried) then just try again. He won't starve himself so try not to pander to him too much.
    My little girl is exactly the same, loves being outside and from the minute she wakes she just wants to be outside - only problem is, if I don't take her, she lets herself out the dog flap!!! At least if they're outside they're burning off energy!
    I hope everything works out ok for you honey!
    xxx
  • aw thanks donna. feeling much better today & cant believe im on day 3 of quitting - huge acheivement image

i try not to worry about his eating habbits but its so hard and so much money and food going down the drain along with it. oh well...im sure it will pass and something worse will come along lol :lol: xx
  • My lo is also obsessed with being outside... even if it's raining! Just a thought to combine it with the eating thing, have you got a little table and chair for your lo that you could put outside? Maybe he would eat a little more if you gave it to him outside. Just a thought.