Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

breech

hi ladies

wonder if i could bother you, i'm 37 weeks and my baby is breech, i am at the consultant clinic on wed and they have been talking about me having a section, I will know more wed, but just wanted to get an idea of what a section would mean, this is my 3rd child and i have a 3 year old & a 1 year old (just 1) so have my hands full at home, both have been normal births and am just a tad worried if i do need to have a section will i be laid up for weeks ? I'm more concerned about my other 2 children really - i presume its very hard to try to look after them after, i'm worried about almost forgetting about having a section and going to pick up my son etc if he falls and doing some damage to myself (he's only just learning to walk) any advise would be appreciated thanks if anyone has been in a silimar situation

thanks

Replies

• hi. i have had sections with both my girlies. 1st was emergency 2nd planned. yes it is very painful afterwards you feel like you are going to explode if you move, and in the early days it feels like it will take forever to feel normal again, but if you take all the advice it shouldn't take you too long to recover. they say six weeks but this isn't six weeks of not being able to do anything, just to fully recover. there is just under 2 years between my girls and my eldest is disabled so i had to recover quickly and beable to lift her ect. with my last section i had it wednesday teatime and was up walking by thurs teatime and left hospital on sat. you just need extra help for the first 2 weeks i'd say (when people are keen to offer anyway!) personally after 3 weeks i felt back to normal with both of mine, i could just feel a bit sore if i lifted something really heavy (like the double pram out of the car) i was driving again by six weeks although i felt ready earlier insurance wouldn't cover me til 6 weeks. good luck and you never know baby might turn!! hope this helps xx
  • I'm exactly the same as you, i'm 37 weeks on friday, and bub is breech, i going for a scan tomorrow, (thurs) and to discuss options, i really don't want a section but sounds much safer than a breech birth, i was all set for a home birth so im gutted and just praying he turns, guess i will know more tomorrow, google it, you find alot of information-makes you more nervous tho!
    How did you get on today????
    Samantha 36+6
  • hiya,
    i had a c section with my second daughter as she was breech, although i didnt know she was until i went to hospital in labour, but thats another story.

i found it wasnt nearly as bad as people say. the section was very quick about 30 mins start to finnish. i had her at 4 pm and by 10 pm was up walking about. i never needed any one esle to do any thing for my baby and that night i was walking around carrying her. i came home after 48 hours, and went to tesco on my way home from the hospital. with my first daughter i had an episiotomy and tbh i didnt feel much worse than i did after that. by the time freya was 3 weeks old i was pretty much back to normal.

so dont wiorry it really will be fine. my advise would be just to get up and get on with it. the quicker you do the quicker you will recover. good luck. xx
  • hiya,
    i had a c section with my second daughter as she was breech, although i didnt know she was until i went to hospital in labour, but thats another story.

i found it wasnt nearly as bad as people say. the section was very quick about 30 mins start to finnish. i had her at 4 pm and by 10 pm was up walking about. i never needed any one esle to do any thing for my baby and that night i was walking around carrying her. i came home after 48 hours, and went to tesco on my way home from the hospital. with my first daughter i had an episiotomy and tbh i didnt feel much worse than i did after that. by the time freya was 3 weeks old i was pretty much back to normal.

so dont wiorry it really will be fine. my advise would be just to get up and get on with it. the quicker you do the quicker you will recover. good luck. xx