Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

my babies 1st haircut!

they're growing up so fast! Poor little Grace's hair is falling in her eyes now, so I think I need to get her a little haircut. I was trying to grow it all one length & use a hair clip to keep it out her eyes, but her twin sister keeps nicking the clip & putting it in her mouth, not good. What are your experiences of going to the hairdresser - I wondered about getting someone to come to the house given there's 2 of them. Elizabeth just grabs at anything when you try to comb her hair so I'm not sure how we'll get on with a haircut.

Any examples of your little one's haircuts would be nice - just so I can see how to style it!

Cheers
Emma

Replies

• Charlotte had her 1st haircut at about 8 or 9 months (she's now 17 months). It never really fell out much after birth (she had a lot when born). My sister is a hairdresser so she cuts it at her home. She cut the back into a bob shape then left the front to grow. Now it's really grown and thickened out so she has a proper little blonde bob, as you can probably see from my avatar. She's always been good having her hair cut, the earlier the better really so they aren't scared. Now she's a bit of a wriggler though! We use various distraction techniques like my sister's lo's keeping her occupied and letting her watch Cbeebies to keep her still!
  • Floyd is about to have his 4th haircut at 18months he didnt loose much after being birn just a bit from the sides so he looked like he had a mohican lol the last time he had it cut he was about 15months and was a nightmare kept grabbing the scissors and comb.... I'm goin to get nhis haircut this week and raisens seem to keep him quiet for a while so im goin to try them and see what happens, i only dont know about girls hair so have no advice on that sorry!!! good luck with i tho!!!!
    xx
  • Thanks! CCbmommy - Charlotte's hair looks really lovely on your atavar - very pretty!

The girls have both got lovely curls at the back so I'm loath to get that cut. Mum said I was the same but when she took me to get it cut, the curls never came back! I just want to get the fringe done really. I'll give it a go - raisens will probably be a good bribe, Grace adores them.

Ta! E
  • Funny you should say that about curls. When Charlotte's hair was growing long at the back before her 1st cut it was curly now it's pretty straight, although has a slight wave in it.

This is her after one of her hair cuts taken a couple of months back. You can see it better in this photo.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/Gazotti/P1010016.jpg?t=1246278743

My sister also gave me the bits of hair she cut off after her 1st hair cut!
  • Ah bless, she's got such a sweet little face! Same colouring as my two, blonde hair, blue eyes. I'm dark haired & hazel eyes, nothing like me!

I hope the curls don't go, they're so lovely. Elizabeth's hair doesn't really have a style at the moment, more mad professor look!

E x