Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Single Mums

I am seriously considering my options now and i was wondering how you single mummies manage money wise?
Ive just been on entitledto.co.uk and i would recieve ??62 a week if i was on my own (would have to give up work as no-one to care for my son) the thing is though my bills are more than that so im not really surei would be able to manage.
Thanks
Gill
xxxx

Replies

• hi rainbowshoes, i am in exactly the same situation as u and its really difficult trying to work out exactly what i'd be entitled to. I am going to the jobcentre to day to see if any1 can advise me. I am just so sad we've tried to make things work for the sake of our child he's only four months but are now going our seperate ways i just feel sick with it all. I really feel like i've let him down but i no we would be better off alone as i've been pretty much a single mum even when with my partner and on top off that my partner recently declared he didnt wanna get married..EVER! Well thanks for telling me this after 3 years and after we've had a baby.
    How does any1 get through this...any words of support from u lovely ladies? I just feel so alone and sad.
    Sorry to hijack ur post and sorry to depress any1....i posted on my own in support and no1 has replied. samxx
  • thanks so much sb thats great advice, we are being amicable for the sake of our baby although i really hurt atm its really hard. I spose i need to look up our rights with reagrds our baby. thanks again xx
  • thanks so much sb thats great advice, we are being amicable for the sake of our baby although i really hurt atm its really hard. I spose i need to look up our rights with reagrds our baby. thanks again xx
  • not sure if this helps but you can go on the tax credits website & calculate how much money you would get x
  • thanks 2aries hun xxxxx
  • sorry to hear your going through a breakup samandreece but at least youve had the guts to do it, i cant seem to say the words to him.
    And thankyou you other single mumies for the fab advice!
    xxxx