Forum home Family life & relationships Family finances

benifit advice

my oh is being layed of in the next two months .i work part time and earn about ??8000.we get child tax credits and a small amount towards child care. i think we should be able to claim working familys tax credit but dont know if we will get any help with rent and council tax. also if oh is out of work will we still get help towards child care or will oh be expected to look after our lo.

Replies

• You wont get any childcare help as your husband will be expected to look after lo. If he signes on for job seekers, then you will be able to apply for help with council tax and rent. Also you can apply for working tax credit as well as child tax credit. Also you will probably be sent a NHS Excemption certificate for you and your husband due to low income x I hope this helps you x
  • You wont get any childcare help as your husband will be expected to look after lo. If he signes on for job seekers, then you will be able to apply for help with council tax and rent. Also you can apply for working tax credit as well as child tax credit. Also you will probably be sent a NHS Excemption certificate for you and your husband due to low income x I hope this helps you x