Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

Opinions on Mamas and Papas Ziko Herbie Nicey

Hi there. I was out yesterday with my husband looking at buying a baby bath from Mamas and Papas. We ended up coming back having ordered Summerhouse nursery furniture and a pram. My husband seen the Herbie on offer for half price. Down from ??550 to ??275. Included was the carry cot, pushchair, raincover, footmuff, changing bag and parasol, We got it in the Nicey which is Lime green and chocolate. I just need to know if anybody has got this pram or anybody they know have it that can give me an honest opinion on it. I had my heart set on the Bugaboo Cameleon so i surprised myself when i did this impulse buy. I have not seen any reviews on this pram so I am not 100% sure I have done the right thing. It s stil in the box so I can take it back. I am a little concerned the fact that the maxicosi car seat isnt compatible with the frame. Our baby isnt due til 28th Sept and we dont know what we are having. Do you think Lime and chocolate is a good colour for boy or girl?? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Hi

I have a herbie and I love it its great folds up really small, its rellay nice to push. I have the mamas and papas pro sleep car seat which fits on without adpators my lo loves it he sleeps for hours in it.
  • Hi there
    We also bought this buggy on impulse last weekend in the sale, great bargain! I hadn't read any reviews until we got home and then I saw some very mixed ones, it seems people either love it or hate it. There are a few which say the buggy has collapsed with their baby in it which is slightly concerning but there are so many other people that are happy with it I'm sure it will be fine. I looked on the Which website and it rates quite highly on there and passed all their vigorous tests.
    I think lime & chocolate is fine for either a boy or girl, we don't know what we're having either and I think it's ok for both. Doesn't look like it's compatible with any other car seat brands though. Mama's and papas do have some lovely ones but the pro sleep is really heavy according to reviews so stick with the standard ones.
    Hope you are happy with your purchase. We're due on the 30th Sept - good luck!
  • Thanks for all your comments. I am really happy now with my purchase. I noticed that the colour that I have is now sold out on the website so it was a good bargain I think. I dont think I am gonna go with a mamas and papas car seat now. As Lozzie was saying, their seems to be too many negatives outweighing the positives on the reviews. Their two seats do appear to be quite heavy so I think I will just go with the maxi cosi carseat.
  • Hi,

I know this is quite a late post but we have the Herbie and the Pro-sleep car seat. Both have been great. Yes the car seat is a bit heavier than others but I'm no rambo and I can lift it. It's a bit fiddly to get off the pram on your own but just takes a bit of practice. It has been so worth any hassles for the benefit of it lying flat when on the pram base or when you get home. The boy often falls asleep in it and it is so so great that he can stay asleep and not be disturbed whilst not having to keep him in a sat up position. Also, it tones up your arms! I would say the only downside to the pram is it's quite wide for going round the shops but that's all.