Forum home Babies Baby

Facebook users: PLEASE read.....

Check your FB Settings again:
FACEBOOK has agreed to let third party advertisers use your posted pictures WITHOUT your permission. Click on SETTINGS up at the top where you see the Log out link. Select PRIVACY. Then select "NEWSFEEDS and WALL". Next select the tab that reads FACEBOOK ADS. There is a drop down box, select NO ONE. Then SAVE your changes.

Post in your status to let your friends know.

Replies

• thanks for that will do x
  • Thank you, have done it. x
  • OMG how ridiculous of FB...thank you for this post x
  • Thanks ive done this and warned my friends and family!
  • cant sleep ames thats why i dont use it im not sure why and dont know how?x
  • Don't want to alarm anyone, but I am fairly sure that it says in the T&C's that facebook automatically own the rights to any picturess you post. No matter what your settings are. (unless this is a very recent change).

I know that Facebook has been blocked from the computers in DH's office - specifically because of confidentiallity. As facebook can access your hard drive, and they have client records saved there. (they can access any other site - it is just facebook that has been blocked).

xx
  • thanks ames. image x
  • FB terms and conditions - Sharing Your Content and Information
    You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how we share your content through your privacy and application settings. In order for us to use certain types of content and provide you with Facebook, you agree to the following:

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account (except to the extent your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it).
    When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
    We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
  • oh that's good - it has changed since I signed up!
    I know there was a group protesting about it, so it looks like they took notice! Woo Hoo!

xx
  • i done it thnkyou atleast sum of us r on the ball lol xx
  • nikki - I had all my settings set to privacy etc and I had to change it too image