Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

It's a sad world when...

...your son's trampoline is stolen from your own garden!!!! I don't even live anywhere prone to crime so I am so shocked!!!! Not even sure when it disappeared but noticed today. It's only a small one but still!!! It's just not fair!!! Grrr!!!!

Just had to rant!

Replies

• OMG thats awful!!

there were 2 cars stolen from our street this weekend from the same address. but tbh its not surprising on our estate. But a Trampoline thats truly awful poor Lucus and poor you. I remember when our next door neighbour had there bike stolen and they used our garden to get away it made me feel really uneasy knowing they had been in our garden its horrible, you have my sympathy xxx
  • That's awful..I agree it's a sad world. My friend was telling me that she was at a birthday party for a 4 yr old yesterday. One of the mums took two of the presents off the table and put them in her handbag when she thought no-one was looking then walked out and put them in her car!! One of the other mums spotted her and confronted her, in the end a few of the mums had to get her to open the boot and get her to give them back!! Who would do that to a 4 yr old, especially when your child had been invited to their party. A sad world. xx
  • LC that is truly sad, and as for Donk's story I am absolutely speechless!

I was pretty speechless when we had to stay in the Chidren's Ward at hosp recently, and there signs up saying:

'we think it's sad that anyone would steal from a children's hospital but in the last month we have had a PS2, DS lite and countless games go missing......we get no funding to replace these items, they are purely from donations........ ' etc

So there you go - stealing from sick children, that really is the lowest of the low.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• was pretty speechless when we had to stay in the Chidren's Ward at hosp recently, and there signs up saying:

'we think it's sad that anyone would steal from a children's hospital but in the last month we have had a PS2, DS lite and countless games go missing......we get no funding to replace these items, they are purely from donations........ ' etc

When shea was in hospital recently, all the tv in the rooms are near the ceiling and you have to stand on a chair to change channel as they don't ahve any remote controls - THEY'VE ALL BE STOLEN!!

who would steal remote controls!!

thats awful too about the trampoline, I keep our back gate locked so no one can nick his shed or trike etc, we live in a nice area too but I don't trust anyone!!
  • oh no poor lucas,
    what kind of person would steal a childs toy!! its really sad. i leave stuff out in the garden al the time and i never lock the gate, im really just asking for stuff to be knicked. think i will go and lock te gate!. xxx
  • Oh no that's awful, I really can't understand people who steal anything let alone children's belongings.
    All the other stories are equally upsetting, from a children's party!!! From a children's ward!!!!
    It is indeed a sad world sometimes.
  • Thats really sad. Some people have no lives. Poor innocent children with nothing to bother then. Just hope our children don't grow up like them.
  • the others have said it all and i can only agree its very sad but typical of todays society xx
  • Horrible! can't just imagine something like that happening even in my dreams
  • Some people have no conscious at all!!! What desperation drives someone to steal from kids? It truly is a sad world hun :x

• i used to work in a romanian orphanage and twice a year we would get a convoy of food, clothes, shoes, etc and yes you guessed it some of it would go missing - the staff would help themselves for their own children.
  • OMG that's awful hun! I can't believe it, not even able to leave an outdoor toy in your own garden!!
    and donk, your story is also terrible
    what is this world coming to?...
  • Ugh :x I'd be fuming! We want to buy Sam one of the little tykes slide for our garden but Im paranoid it will be stolen even though the area we live in is quite nice! Its a sad sad world x
  • Hi lara, no heh asnt noticed thank goodness. hes so laid back not sure hed be bothered. he still has his little tikes climbing frame/chute so hes happy with that!
  • How awful, its sad that someone would steal from a young child. how pathetic they must be x