Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Immunisation question

Hi,

My little boy had his first round of jabs today and since we got home between sleeping he has been screaming and crying alot. Is this normal? I have just given him some calpol and he seems to have calmed down now.

Sarah + Jack

Replies

• Yeah they should have warned you, did they not give you a leaflet or anything? Its normal for them to be off just keep on with the calpol and keep an eye
    xxxx
  • like the lady said they should have warned you also when all 3 of mine had there first jabs the doc perscribed some calpol just incase they needed it but yes all normal,hope jack feels better soon

sarah
  • I didn't receive any warning on prep for the jabs which was annoying. I read on here about the calpol and chance of sickly baby ad glad I did too. Will was ill for about 5 days on his last round. He had his third set yesterday, personally I find the nurofen seems more effective than the calpol.

good luck
  • Thanks everyone,

He was poorly all yesterday and a little unsettled last night but seems back to normal this morning, thank goodness.

No I didn't have any warning the nurse just said to get some calpol as I was in my way out the door!

At least I will know next time.