Forum home Babies Baby

Using reusable nappies when you are out?

What do you do when you change a reusable nappy when you are out? Do you put them in a 'special' bag then in the changing bag? I've seen these bags advertised that you can put them in but are they worth it? What do other people do?

Thank you!

xxx

Replies

• at the moment I am only using reusables when in! I haven't yet got my head around using them when out!

I just can't imagine the space the dirty ones would take up in my bag!
  • Ijust bung them in a plastic bag and take them home. Never had a problem...
  • I put them in a nappy sack and bring them home. I don't carry reuseables when I'm out though. I put a disposable on if the reuseable comes off
  • I use resuables all the time and have 2 "special" bags which are great for me. I have 1 small one that goes in my nappy bag and that holds about 3 nappies and one larger one for when LO is left at my parents or nursery. The larger one has farm animals all over it! image

H xx
  • We're using an internal bag built into the changing bag - you can get a lot of different styles of bags these days which include a dirty nappy compartment and it's so useful! ..Have a look at this changing bags site to find some great bag options which come with a soiled nappy section.
  • I got a wet nappy bag and I put it in that and then in my changing bag, it was fine, usually then put a disposable nappy on after, only been out a few times at the mo, Luke is 4 weeks old.

Rebecca & Luke

• i have one smaller waterproof bag well a few because i like to wash them and have different pictures, which takes say 3 nappy and i shove a carry case of my kushies with the nappy in the shopping tray when out, and a bigger one for the nursery day. However i do have a few spare disposable incase i run out or forget to put others in and of course on hols i use disposable until washing is back under control when back at home with 2 kids it can mount up. I will use my waterproof bags later for swimming kit and other messy jobs when baby is out of nappy so an extra one is never going to be a waste. I made my big one with fleecy cover and rockets and space ships all over.
  • I Just use a teco bag, or a nappy bag if I'm feeling rich! I put the dirty nappies in the bags and then in my changing bag, rip them open when I get home and out the nappies straight into the bucket to be washed. No problems! Things don't have to cost you if you don't want them too- although it is nice to have some special things x
  • My nappies are so huuuge I can barely fit them in my changing bag so I plan to keep the nappies in a separate little bag under the pram. My reusables came in this bag and then there is another washing bag for the dirty ones. I figured my changing bag can carry my usual handbag essentials, baby wipes, change of clothes etc and it means when hunting for my purse at the checkout I won't accidentally plonk the dirty nappies on the counter! Lol! x x x
  • My nappies are so huuuge I can barely fit them in my changing bag so I plan to keep the nappies in a separate little bag under the pram. My reusables came in this bag and then there is another washing bag for the dirty ones. I figured my changing bag can carry my usual handbag essentials, baby wipes, change of clothes etc and it means when hunting for my purse at the checkout I won't accidentally plonk the dirty nappies on the counter! Lol! x x x