Forum home Babies Baby

Heating purees?!?

Hi ladies,
Just a quick question about puree vegetables when weaning; I know if its been frozen then it needs to be heated to piping hot and allowed to cool, however, I have made a batch today and reserved some of it in a pot instead of freezing it so I can keep it in the fridge for tomorrow. What I am wondering is, do I need to heat it up or can I give it cold? Sorry if this is a daft question!

Thanks in advance.

Becky x

Replies

• I would heat it up until piping hot to kill off any bacteria, then let it cool down.

And it's not a daft question - this whole weaning business is so complicated at times. Much easier when they eat what we do!! x
  • I used to give my lo them cold. You will still need to take it out the fridge though and allow it to return to room tempreture or you can stand it in a bowl of hot water until warmed through. xxxx
  • Well I know what the rules say but my son has always had them cold out the fridge with no heating up. In fact when its a hot day he much prefers food straight out of the fridge!
  • Well I know what the rules say but my son has always had them cold out the fridge with no heating up. In fact when its a hot day he much prefers food straight out of the fridge!
  • Hmmm, there's a split on this then.... So officially, you are meant to heat them through then allow them to cool despite it only being refridgerated after preparation. But a lot of you have given it without warming it up without any problems?

Thanks for your replies ladies.

• Hey hun, i would nuke it just to be safe, but totally up to you, and besides Evan hates anything cold/lukewarm....he likes it hottish and starts to gag once it cools down silly thing! xx
  • I always heat everything cos I thought you had to...But it is such a pain waiting for it to cool, as Gabe likes his food room temp and starts crying and spitting if it is the tiniest bit warm, so I might stop heating every thing now.
  • All these rules are so confusing.....makes you wonder how the human race survived!