Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bambinex Bamboo Reusable Nappies

I have also posted this in the reusable nappies forum, but there doesn't seem to be much 'traffic' there, so I thought I'd come to the nappy users! I have had these reusable napppies recommended to me through the nappy lady website and just wondered if anyone had experience of them and could give me some feedback. I'm thinking we will probably use disposables to start with until we get used to nappies and the reusables don't look like they're hanging off the baby, but then switch to reusables. Both my sister and SIL had similar ideas but found disposibles worked better for them - any advice greatly received as always image

Thanks v much
mrs_ed 23+3

Replies

• i started using reusables on pippa when she was 4 weeks old untill then we used disposables. At first i thought why have i decided to do this and it was hard for the first couple of days while i got use to them, for some reason i was sure i'd run out of clean ones so i'd get up at 5am to wash them (don't do that now). I wash every couple of days and started of trying different brands and settled on bumgenius, but some extra pretty nappies have crept into the house (be warned it can be addictive). I know have 21 bumgenius and 6 pop in's that i tend to use overnight as well as my pretty nappies. I have a nappy bucket that i put the nappies in (no need to soak them) then when i have enough to wash (usually every other day or every two days max) i put them in the wash on a rinse cycle, then either a 40 or 60 wash cycle with an extra rinse, take them out and hang them up to dry it's that simple. You only need to use 1/4 of the amount of soap powder you normally use and no conditioner. We put the nappies together while washing tv and that's it. I would really recomend you buy a few different types and try them on your lo to find the ones that work best for you.
    Sorry seam to have gone on abit, if you need anymore info just let me know
    xx
    p.s have you thought about using reusable wipes as well, saves even more money