Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

i have a coil fitted and iv just found out im pregnant

[/size
Im 25 years old and have just found out im pregnant again for the 3rd time.
both me and my husband are happy about this, but really worried at the same time as i had a coil fitted just less than three years ago, i could also be up to three month pregnant as i only had a period every three months since i had the coil fitted.
the doctor are sure that its not eptopic as im not in a lot of pain or bleeding,
i have to go in for a scan on monday as blood tests showed i have enough hormones in my blood that i should be far gone enough for them to see the baby, then they want to talk about removing the coil.
im worried as removing it can cause miscarriage, and leaving it in can cause spontaneous death later on in the pregnancy.
has any one els been through the same thing or know any one that has as i would be great full for all information i can get.

Replies

• Haven't been through this but wanted to say how much I feel for you. I hope everything goes okay. It might be an idea to ask about how high the risks are of leaving it in and taking it out to help you make your decision of what to do.
  • Haven't been through this but wanted to say how much I feel for you. I hope everything goes okay. It might be an idea to ask about how high the risks are of leaving it in and taking it out to help you make your decision of what to do.

they said that if they take it out there is a lot more chance the baby will survive. but there is also a chance taking it out will cause a miscarriage.
  • hi the same thing happened to my mum ( this was nerely 18 years ago) and they left the coil in. and it just came out with the after birth. and my brother is fine ( well only as fine as smelly little brothers can get lol). but i think the other ladies are right about getting as much info as you can so that you can make the best decision for you and baby. x.
  • hi the same thing happened to my mum ( this was nerely 18 years ago) and they left the coil in. and it just came out with the after birth. and my brother is fine ( well only as fine as smelly little brothers can get lol). but i think the other ladies are right about getting as much info as you can so that you can make the best decision for you and baby. x.

thanks for the reply. im just getting so confused as most info says its best to get it out as it can cause the baby to die later in pregnancy and other info says its best to leave it in as it can cause a miscarriage removing it. hopefully the hospital will be of some use when i go in on monday x
  • im sorry if i have made you feel confused. i just wanted to let you know what happened with my mum. good luck on monday and dont leave the hospital until all of your questions have been fully answered. lets us know how you get on. once againgood luck and congrats. x.
  • im sorry if i have made you feel confused. i just wanted to let you know what happened with my mum. good luck on monday and dont leave the hospital until all of your questions have been fully answered. lets us know how you get on. once againgood luck and congrats. x.

Went to the hospital yesterday and baby is doing fine, the coil was as far away from the baby as it could possibly get so they were able to remove it with out any problem.
  • Thats fantastic news I am so glad to hear it. I bet you are relieved. Now you can get on and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Congratulations
  • hi again, glad to hear that baby is doing well. and like kthom122 said now that your coil has been removed you can now relx and enjoy your pregnancy. i wish you and your family all the best x.
  • hi hon ...
    congrats .... i have the coil in after my second aswell who is now 20 moths old but i am in alot off adomone pain the past two days and dont no why ....
    ilike you i only bleed every few months and its not much .....
    i was just wonderin did you experince any off this sort offpain before you found out you were preg again .....??
    thanks

Sorry i have taken so long getting back to you babe i havent been online in a while.
    I never had anything like that apart from during the first few days after it was put in, if i was you i would go to the doctors as it could be that the coil has moved positions, yet something else they never told me when they put the thing in, your suposed to go in and get it checked every 6 months, i think had they told me this and it had been getting checked i wouldnt be pregnant again, thankfully i couldnt be happier about being pregnant x
  • hi jodiebuckley, just wondered how you and baby are getting on?
  • hi jodiebuckley, just wondered how you and baby are getting on?

Baby is doing great was in seeing my doc yestarday and he says the baby is the right size for 20 week, im having problems breathing so they think i might be anemic so have to go back in for blood tests and if i am it will be easily solved with iron tablets. Apart from that im doing great, little one is kicking non-stop.

• As you can see i havent updated on this post in a while but though i would just leave a quick message to let you know that pregnancy went fine and gave birth 17 days early to a healthy 10lb 6oz boy called charlie on the 4th of November. pic below

http://file048a.bebo.com/6/large/2009/01/08/11/2614930563a9823168437l.jpg

• What a brilliant result - 10lb 6oz !!! That coil obviously had no effects on your pg whatsoever!!!

congratulations xxxx
  • What a brilliant result - 10lb 6oz !!! That coil obviously had no effects on your pg whatsoever!!!

congratulations xxxx
  • oh well done hun, charlie is so cute. im glad things went well. x.
  • huge congrats hun - hes gorgeous xx
  • jodie...I am in exactly the same situation...I need some help please.
    I had my coil removed-I am 8 wks as of yesterday,the dcotor removed my coil and i am experiencing period like pains and also bleeding-however he did say tghis would be normal...did you experience that and if so how long is normal.
    I cant function properly atm.Just want this lil one to be ok :S x
    victoria x
  • jodie...I am in exactly the same situation...I need some help please.
    I had my coil removed-I am 8 wks as of yesterday,the dcotor removed my coil and i am experiencing period like pains and also bleeding-however he did say tghis would be normal...did you experience that and if so how long is normal.
    I cant function properly atm.Just want this lil one to be ok :S x
    victoria x

hiya victoria
    firstly try not to worry I know this is easier said than done but try. Like your self I had bleeding and cramps after having it removed it lasted between 7 - 10 days.
    I was 11 weeks gone when I found out and 11weeks 3days when it was removed. I was so worried I spent a fortune on scans at privet clinics to check things were all right. And every time he was perfect he was born on the 4th of nov 08 he was 17 days early and weighed 10lb 6oz

if you need to talk you can email me at jodie.Buckley@googlemail.com and check it at least ten times a day so should reply the same day.

Jodie x
  • hi guys,

I had the coil fitted 3 years ago and have been pregnant four times since but all have resulted in miscarriage in early weeks.

My coil never came out nor has been removed and has not been sited either. Im currently 5 weeks pregnant. My fiance and I have been tryin for the past year. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old girls before i got the coil. Im worried that its still in there and is effecting my pregnancies. The doctor is expecting me to miscarry again. Although the sac is round and a good healthy size unlike the other times i have alot of bleeding on the outside of the gestational sac.

Im wondering would the bleeding have anything to do with the coil? :?
  • i have a coil fitted for 16 months and just found out im 6 weeks pregnant,went for a scan and was asked what do i want to do about the coil leave it in or take it out,there is 2.5cm between the fetus and the coil butam scared as i heard it can lead to a miscarage or if i leave it in could have an early labour can anyone help i am so confused. :?