Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

milk question

ok so Molly has decided that she would like to continue breastfeeding but just morning and night.

So do i need to be giving her cows milk during the day, she would usually have a boob feed in the afternoon but she is refusing that one still. She usually has a snack and a beaker of water at about 3:30pm should the water be milk?

Really not sure, Zach weaned himself off the breast completely by 11 months so he was on cows milk for morning and night but i can't remember if he took milk in the afternoon.

She has plenty of calcium/dairy in her diet.

Thanks x

Replies

• forgot to say she is 11 months old x
  • When Oscar dropped the afternoon bottle I didn't replace it with anything to be honest. He was never hungry for it so I didn't see why he'd be hungry for anything else.

As long as she's getting plenty of dairy in her diet along with 2 good breast feeds then I wouldn't worry.
  • If she'll drink milk it wouldn't hurt but I don't think she desperately need it if she has plenty of calcium in her diet, I think cows milk is quite low in iron anyway? At that age Millie wasn't having any milk at all, she went on milk strike at 10 1/2 months. Barney was having bmilk in the morning and cows milk at night, but nothing in the day.
    xx
  • Thanks hun!

I'm just so happy she has decided to bf again, was so upset that she suddenly stopped but she is just being a little madam at the mo!

xxx
  • thanks girls, won't push it then if she doesn't want it, she loves yoghurts so will offer her one of those instead.
  • Does she have cows milk on her cereal?I dropped Lily's afternoon milk at about 11 months as I felt she didn't need it- it was more of a comfort thing than anything as she would have it before her afternoon nap. I would say if she is having lots of other dairy in her diet she wouldn't really need it. But having said that as you would be offering it as a drink in a beaker there can be no harm!

At nearly 14 months Lily has 1 lot of milk and thats before bed we dropped the morning milk in the last few weeks as she didn't have it one day and didn't seem to miss it!

xxx