Forum home Babies Baby

why does it always happen to me??

i've been to meadowhall shopping today and i know i'm meant to be saving but bought quite a lot in the sales. Put everyting in the basket on the pram and got the train back to leeds ok, switched trains in leeds and as i lifted the pram up to get on the train all my shopping fell out the basket and down the gap between the train and the platform. Now i must admit at this point i was very unlady like and said some very rude words, and all i could do was look at my shopping laying on the track. But then along came my knight in a blue polyester uniform. He asked me what was wrong so i told him and he went and told the driver not to move the train and actualy squeezed his self down between the train and platform onto the tracks (ok it's quite a big gap as i proved when i fell down it last november) and retrived all my shopping for me. I was very happy he got it back as it was all Pippa's new clothes, but why can i not just go out for a day and have nothing happen????

Replies

• Awww it is annoying but at least it had a happy ending!image Thank goodness for your helpful knight!xx
  • Awww it is annoying but at least it had a happy ending!image Thank goodness for your helpful knight!xx
  • Sorry GIL, but I have just laughed! That is funny. I wouldn't have laughed if the nice man hadn't got your shopping back!

You have fell on the track? That sounds scary

xx
  • thats funny..........did you fall down between the gap once???
  • when i was 19 weeks pregnant with pippa, i was getting on the train and it was really busy and people pushing i slipped and my left leg went down the side of the train and i hit my knee on the train,had to wait 50 mins for an ambulance and ended up in a&e then on a maternity ward to get checked out was so scared that i'd hurt pippa, ended up with a sprained knee and i always wondered if that's what triggered my spd as it was a couple of week later i first started to get pains.
    I can laugh about it know but was so scared at the time, but it really is always me this sort of thing happens to.
    Would not have been happy if i'd not got my shopping back but i can also laugh about that as well, although don't think i'll ever live it down
    xx
  • oh hun, well atleast u got ur shopping bk image xxx
  • Yey for blue polyester man! We were in Meadowhell yesterday too. It was sooooo busy!
  • I would have probably cried seeing my shopping go down on the tracks ! I'm so glad the nice man saved it for you xxx
  • I would have probably cried seeing my shopping go down on the tracks ! I'm so glad the nice man saved it for you xxx

think i would have too!

Thank goodness for your night in blue polyester (that made me lol)

xxxxxxx
  • I worry about that happening to me! The gap between the train and platform at the station near my house is huge!

What a lovely man though for getting your stuff for you. x
  • I nearly dropped my nephew down a train gap, he was strapped in is push chair and we escaped any real trouble but held things up with the chair wedged betwixt platform and train. They can be a real hazard, I'm glad your shopping was rescued! Better luck next time x