Forum home Babies Baby

Which bottles do you recommend?

I've been looking at bottles and can't decide which ones to buy and wonder if you ladies could let me have your opinions. I am hoping to breastfeed and planning to buy a medela breast pump but want to have bottles for expressing and also as a back-up in case b/f doesn't work. There's just so much choice, I've narrowed it down to the list below:-

Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles
Dr Browns natural flow bottles
First years breast flow bottles
Medela bottles

If you could let me have your personal experiences, I would be ever so grateful. Many thanks xx

Replies

• I used the TTCTN bottles up until very recently and Bella seemed fine with them. Now she's bigger though and i've moved on to mixed feeding, i found that she kept sucking the teat in which started getting annoying! I think where she was used to sucking quite hard to get milk from me the poor tomme tippee teat couldnt cope with it lol. I now use NUK bottles which she is much better with. I have one medela bottle, but even Bella struggles to get milk from that one, and she really does have a strong suck! I've read lots of reviews on the breastflow bottles and they seem to have a lot of positive feedback.
    xxxx
  • the dr browns did help abit with lo's colic.
    not tried the others.

i use avent, but find after nearly 8 months, some of them seem to be leaking.
  • I use TTCTN and think their fab ! You do have to watch for the teats being sucked in though and I dunno if this was just coz I have a lazy baby but lo was very lazy sucking wise so was on size 2 teats at 2 weeks old and on size 3 teats at 3 months old. LO never had colic so i cant comment on their benefits/downsides there.
  • i use dr browns because of annabelles colic and find them really good. i used advent before them and never had a problem either. xx
  • Thanks so much, I've been continuing my research and have narrowed it down between two :-

Dr Browns natural flow bottles
    First years breast flow bottles

Would love to hear from anyone about these, thanks xx

[Modified by: lawso on August 30, 2009 08:07 AM]